KTR uprated rear brake kit

Reaction score
I'm looking at new rear brakes as mine are pretty much worn out.

I'ved been considering the KTR uprated rear brake kit and wondered if anyone has any expirience of using this set up and whether it is any good? I'm slighty sceptical as the whole kit is cheaper than Reanult standard discs and they don't quote and known brand names, but will go for it upon recommendation. Or would standard discs with say DS2500 or Pagid blues be better for occasional track use?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1574

I want to go for uprated for some (not lots) track use.

Thanks.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
no need for blues on the back as they don't do any major braking... I've got ds2500 on the rear with oem disks and they're sound enough for road and track.

The KTR one's look like more of a visual kit than a performance orientated one, i don't see why they've used cross drilled rear disks, they generate little heat due to very little (around 20% on ave) of the car's braking force so you don't need the benefits of pressure release holes that cross drilled disks provide. They'd just wear the pads quicker, seeing as they don't look too hot you'll be changing them every 12 months - rear pads should be lasting around 24 months depending on use and bias.

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for pointing out an obvious point that the rears don't do much work. (no, really, I hadn't registered that, not being flippent!!!)

What do regular track goers use on the rear?

Reaction score
The Rears do next too nothing as Cue points out, i've just got standard discs and some red stuff pads ( #-o ) on mine, Yesterday at Brands after a 30 minute session on track the front's were very hot, the rears i could touch without getting burnt, infact they were only slightly warmer than ambient.

just stick with oem rear discs and pads and you'll be fine, or cheaper alternatives if you want too save a few quid.

Chris