Ktec matched inlet manifolds

Reaction score
You wont notice any difference with this done alone, its just summat you would have done with other things

Reaction score
Destined for Victory said:
I know someone whos had it done and reported no difference really, how much are k-tec charging for this?

Without looking at the web page...I'm sure it says 170 notes inc Vat plus 30 notes surcharge, which you get back when you return your old ones....

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
3bhp tops, just adds a bit more torque, this was chiefly developed as the 172's inlets were pants, reno fixed it somewhat with the 182 - hence the raising bhp figures, but it's still not 100% perfect. This is a nice mod but not one of the first i'd undertake again.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Olliev8 said:
my understanding is it just helps really with the idle running on the car so its not too 'lumpy'.

LOL. Well that was a fail then.

Reaction score
The guy who does the inlet matching at K-tec did mine for me but as he is my mate he only done it for £70! He took my car in the morning and i picked it up in the afternoon!

Like said cant notice any diffrence bit there is something there!

Reaction score
I'm not sure how bad mine was before but after having it done at Angelworks the car felt better, especially in the midrange. More difference than my Orb! I don't think it will do anything at idle.

Reaction score
Interesting thoughts cheers....

Will do some more digging around, have to say I'm quite tempted.
Was thinking, next yr when the cambelt is due is get the cams done at the same time. doubt I'll have the balls to do it though #-o

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Olliev8 said:
hoolio said:
Olliev8 said:
my understanding is it just helps really with the idle running on the car so its not too 'lumpy'.

LOL. Well that was a fail then.

Hum, you win some you lose some. shows how little i actually know about engines!

Olly, I wasn't having a pop at you, really. I've just got a little jaded when it comes to the claims made for some of these things.
I've had this done and really (like everyone else) I didn't notice much appreciable change. It's one of those things that should be done as part of a package of mods.

Reaction score
LOL. Well that was a fail then.[/quote]

Hum, you win some you lose some. shows how little i actually know about engines![/quote]

Olly, I wasn't having a pop at you, really. I've just got a little jaded when it comes to the claims made for some of these things.
I've had this done and really (like everyone else) I didn't notice much appreciable change. It's one of those things that should be done as part of a package of mods.[/quote]

Dont worry dude it was taken in jest and not personally. as stated i know little about this sort of stuff but its all interesting to read.