Reaction score
Hi everyone, just recently a knocking noise has started and has been getting worse as time goes on. Its around the drivers side front wheel area and happens mostly when in traffic and under hard acceleration when I change gear when i lift my foot from the gas.

Anyone else had this problem? Its going in on monday to have the alarm looked at (again) and i'll mention it then.

Cheers.

Reaction score
I think it is the engine mount (common issue, but not a cause for concern).

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
The engine mount problem I know about on the R'sport Clio's is just an alignment issue, the problem I had is that the exhaust was bashing against the sub-frame due to engine movement when acclerating hard. Got it sorted by the garage who just re-aligned the engine mounts to give more clearance.

The knock I had was just under hard acceleration (verging on wheelspin), the knock was never present whilst in traffic or while changing gear, so your issue maybe something else :roll:

Lee

Reaction score
If you potter along slowly accelerating and lifting fairly gently does it still do it?

If so it's the top engine mount on the drivers side. Mine has recently started doing it and my 182 also did it. I'm going to have a look later see if I can fix it.

The problem is that the mount isn't quite centred correctly. If you move it so it's squared up it will stop it happening. I also had mine greased to fix it on the 182.

The garage couldn't find what it was, so I spent ages with the RTE in the car, in the end I suggested he square it up and pack it with grease, he did and it worked a treat.

I did have some pics of the fix but can't seem to locate them!

Reaction score
Yeah thats exactly what it does. Should i tell them that i think i know what it is when i take it in on monday? Cheers for that lee.Just got to get the alarm fixed now! :D

Lee

Reaction score
I told them what I thought it was because they couldn't find it themselves. In the end they agreed to carry out the work I requested rather than what they thought it might be, then when I collected the car th RTE asked me to call back to let him know if the fix had worked for future reference.

Didn't bother looking at mine this afternoon, I washed it, then washed my old mans Avensis as he's not feeling well, by the time I'd done all that I was done in.

I gave up with the alarm, on the 182 it did the 3 beeps when locking it, they applied the fix, and it continued to do it, the Trophy does the same. When it does it I just unlock it and re lock it.

Reaction score
Cheers lee, i'll tell them what i think is wrong with it to try and save them my time driving a courtesy car. The alarm is really doing my head in now, goin off at 3 in the morning before i worked out how to turn off the interior sensors and now it doesnt go off. It still needs fixing because you shouldnt have to do that each time you lock it! Gonna try wash mine tommorow, if the weather holds out! Roll on summer! 8)

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Got the trophy back today from renault after having a megane 1.4 courtesy car for a day! And they fixed the alarm too, well it hasnt gone off yet in 5 hours! Its rebooked for the begining of feb to have the knocking sorted. The guy who worked on my car said it was likely the engine mount and it should'nt be a problem to fix.

I'm a very happy trophy owner again! :D