Knocking from transmission tunnel

Reaction score
Happens if don't change very gently from 1st to 2nd, also when I accelerate and lift off as well as well as when down-changing under engine load (say 5th to 2nd @ 30mph).

Does this sound like worn engine/gearbox mounts? My other theory was that it is the exhaust knocking as currently I have straight flat bolts joining the downpipe which perhaps don't give enough flex in the exhaust?

Car is booked in with a Renault Garage for a week tomorrow. They have ordered a "downpipe to cat repair kit" which I'm hoping will sort the problem. They were reluctant to order in all the mounts for me without seeing the car first.

Any insight appreciated!

Reaction score
I had this so replaced my lower dogbone gearbox mount with the powerflex kit. The change is phenomenal and the gearchages are so tight and precise now!

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, tempted to just order all three mounts from KTEC now but will wait and see what the garage say.

Reaction score
Try powerflex dogbone mount first before changing all of them more likely to be that one

Reaction score
Yeah does sound like the exhaust banging on the subframe had this but was solved with some new exhaust mounts