Reaction score
Hi all,
My knee keeps hitting the steering wheel. Im 6,5 tall and ive only had the car since monday but its really starting to annoy me.

I no there are 2 options:

1) Loose the steering wheel for a smaller sized Momo one.
2) Try and extend the runners for the drivers seat so the seat goes back further.

Im more likeing to change the steering wheel but dont really want to loose the Airbag or the Cruise control switches on the steering wheel. However i feel the wheel is a bit on the Large size and could do with being smaller.

Could you all please reply with your comments as someone must of had this problem before and found a solultion!!!

If i do have to get a wheel. does anyone have a momo and wheel hub????

Thanks.

Reaction score
What happened in your Clio 172 Cup as the seats are set higher? I assume the steering wheel is on it's highest setting, but as I drove it it probably is as I drive everything like a Kart :) Not sure about the seat runner change, but the man who owned Steve Gunnis's Trophy before mentioned he was about to order lower subframes, that would do the trick if it's possible. Try Demon Tweaks.

Reaction score
PaulTrophy002 said:
Hi all,
My knee keeps hitting the steering wheel. Im 6,5 tall and ive only had the car since monday but its really starting to annoy me.

I no there are 2 options:

1) Loose the steering wheel for a smaller sized Momo one.
2) Try and extend the runners for the drivers seat so the seat goes back further.

Im more likeing to change the steering wheel but dont really want to loose the Airbag or the Cruise control switches on the steering wheel. However i feel the wheel is a bit on the Large size and could do with being smaller.

Could you all please reply with your comments as someone must of had this problem before and found a solultion!!!

If i do have to get a wheel. does anyone have a momo and wheel hub????

Thanks.

Sorry I've only just read this. My advice is; Grow another two inches, then your knees sit against the steering wheel and won't occasionally hit it!

Sorry to take the piss, but I'm 6'7" and knew what I was buying and was willing to put up with it, the fact is that many bigger cars have less room in the front than the Clio. Not so good for feeding the wheel as in your driving test but great for steering whist drinking a beer and eating a sandwich or writing a text message.

:wink:

Reaction score
stanley-fatmax-hacksaw.jpg
:D

Reaction score
trophycabinet said:

I hope you're not suggesting I go at my shins Mad Max style with that? :lol:

The Clio has a lot more room than quite a few big cars I 've driven/sat in including a long wheelbase A8 and a 7 series!