Reaction score
K&N do a direct filter replacement for the 182 engine which requires no physical mods to fit it. You just take the Reno one out and put the K&N in. You never have to change it again. My insurance company want to know how much % power increase there is as a result of fitting. I have told them there is none or that it is negligable (nothing I can notice any how). Does any one have any idea what, if any the % increase will be? Direct Line class the filter as a performance part and have charged me the same as putting in a complete new induction kit.

Cheers

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
1-2 BHP at best, you may notice it more at the busy end of the rev range.

ITG do a similar panel filter - plug and play:)

Reaction score
Little to no gains. Greenlight/Highway Insurance didn't charge me anything for putting in an ITG panel.

O.

Reaction score
Oh dear, that is a crock of shit I'm afraid, you are under no legal obligation whatsoever to inform them of what make for air filter you have put into your airbox, absolutely ludicrous. If they could measure the power increase then let them try it on. Tell them it's between 0 and 1 bhp or tell them you've put a crappy paper one back in, they wouldn't know the difference anyway. How is it a modification in any way, shape or form? It's not even a cosmetic one!

Reaction score
Thanks Guys...I'd rather be safe. They can't argue if I've told them about it....its only an extra £30 a year! Performance wise I cant tell much difference. The main reason for fitting it is to save money in the long run....I'm goinmg on a long run this w/e so I will see

Cheers

Reaction score
I'm afraid to say that for a £30 a year outlay you'd be much better off replacing your paper filter every couple of months. A clean paper filter is just as good as a partly dirty ITG or K&N one. This is madness.