Reaction score
Got Trophy number 64 just over 2 weeks ago. All I've done until today is go to work in the rain, come home in the rain and go shopping in the rain.

Todays fine, nothing on the telly and the wife ironing. So I put some petrol in her and went for a proper "thrash" - purely to make sure everythings working fine of course, being new.

I live east of Manchester so I went out through Mossley and Greenfield and out through the twisties onto Saddleworth Moors.

Easily caught a new Jab Cabrio giving it some. Pulled into the first layby, turned round and waited for a good clear gap in the traffic and then went back through the long series of bends back towards Greenfield.

Fook me - the 172 Cup was good, but this just inspires such confidence. I went round a corner and thought "that was easy, I'll try the next a bit faster"...and she went round, and then the next.....

The brakes that feel a little soft compared to the 172 Cup in normal street driving feel so much better at speed.

I'm still coming down from the high, and I'm so glad I bought this car! :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
sounds like your fairly close to me - i'm only 6 miles outside of rochdale. Some great roads over by saddleworth. good job :)

Reaction score
I'm up in Lancaster, but there's some great runs north of me (including the Lakes obviously).

Nickc - Are you the nearest person to me with a trophy? There doesn't seem many registered owners in the north west! One in Whitehaven, Cumbria i think?

Reaction score
According to the members map there's a few in the North west.

Lancaster is about 64 miles from me.

I tend to use Saddleworth, Woodhead Pass is a good road but it's always full of lorries. The best run I had over Woodhead was at about midnight one night, made it from Rotherham to Stalybridge in about 45 minutes.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol, there's 3 in cheshire, 2 in greater manchester and at least 2 in the East Lancashire area that I know of... having said that with the spieght of sale at the mo I may be a little out of touch.

Reaction score
ha - i stand corrected. To be honest, a few pals have said they've seen another in Lancaster - i've mentioned this in the Spotted section. I think he's an 'out of towner' though

Reaction score
Problem is I've used up my "just giving her a test because she's new" excuse now. I need to think up another one for blast across the Pennines

Reaction score
I can't really use "I want to make sure the petrol I just put in is ok" - the wife's no fool, she'll guess what I'm up to.