Reaction score
"And the best stuff you can get in the UK is Tescos 99 Octane" :D

I'll give V-power a try though as I prefer the idea of a fuel that actively cleans your engine, but if the price goes up to 10p a litre more than Tescos then I'll be going straight back.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried that BP rocket fuel thats something like 105 octane?

Only place I've seen it for sale is the BP garage down the road from Aston Martin!! Still, they wanted 2.42 a litre :shock:

Reaction score
Apparently that is being rolled out to a further 30 stations after a successful trial. Can't believe anybody buys the stuff the price of it.

Reaction score
I can't believe they've had a successful trial, unless their anticipated demand was selling 1 litre a week - in which case I guess they may have just reached their target.

I reckon you could probably buy some of that full on 120 RON drag race fuel that comes in the metal caskets for less than 2.42 a litre. Or a cheap way of doing it is to drop some octane booster in your Optimax, might cause the cat to self-destruct though. :oops:

Reaction score
After I filled up with v-power for the first time I felt a noticiable increase in pick-up and general speed for some reason. The engine is also emitting a deeper noise aswell. I don't know how this happening but I'm sticking to it!

Reaction score
Lee G said:
I can't believe they've had a successful trial, unless their anticipated demand was selling 1 litre a week - in which case I guess they may have just reached their target.

I reckon you could probably buy some of that full on 120 RON drag race fuel that comes in the metal caskets for less than 2.42 a litre. Or a cheap way of doing it is to drop some octane booster in your Optimax, might cause the cat to self-destruct though. :oops:

i expect the young ones with corsa's and saxo's have convinced themselves that it gives them another 20bhp and have been buying loads of the stuff :wink:

need deep pockets to buy it, i'll stick to V Power myself

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
no fecking where sells anything by me other than sainsburys. BP ultimate or the sainsburys stuff is my choice as it the only choice!!!!! the shell garage shut down! fecking 'local' mentality.

Still i have the best roads round by me :) every cloud.

Reaction score
V-power dropped to 98.9 at my local shell the other day. Cheapest i've seen them selling their 'premium' fuel for 6+ months. It's nice to see more litres than £'s at the end of the fill up.

Reaction score
jezza l said:
V-power dropped to 98.9 at my local shell the other day. Cheapest i've seen them selling their 'premium' fuel for 6+ months. It's nice to see more litres than £'s at the end of the fill up.

It was 96.9 in Hemel Hempstead on Monday night.

I'm pretty sure the overall price of fuel will go up again as crude oil firmed up a bit on Tuesday... buy now!

O.

Day

Reaction score
I've done a test over the last month.

Have run Esso 95 ron for a 4 week period then changed to V-Power

F**k me it's like driving another car and the noise the prospeed now makes at full pelt is awesome!

Reaction score
I'm on my second tank of V-Power. I noticed the other day that the renault badge is slowly turning into a prancing horse. Which can't be bad. hehehehe.

There is only two pence difference between 95 and V-power at my local shell so this may have started somthing new.

Reaction score
Havent noticed any noticeable difference between V power and sainburys super. Main difference I noticed is that sainsburys is 91.9 and V power was 101.9. No difference in mpg either.

Dont get sucked in by the marketing hype. You will sell your car before you actually reap any benefits of this petrol, save the pennies for a real Ferrari!

Reaction score
V-Power update

Filled up on Tesco 99ron - which was OK (and, if you spend over £50 shopping, you currently get 5p a litre off - which is £8 on a 40l fill-up!)

Emptied the tank and decided to try V-power again. Local garage has dropped prices to 96p/l from 101p/l, so its more palatable.

It is noticeably more powerful and eager to rev. The car feels more sporty. I would never have believed it, but its true.

Reaction score
peter_964rs said:
V-Power update

Filled up on Tesco 99ron - which was OK (and, if you spend over £50 shopping, you currently get 5p a litre off - which is £8 on a 40l fill-up!)

Emptied the tank and decided to try V-power again. Local garage has dropped prices to 96p/l from 101p/l, so its more palatable.

It is noticeably more powerful and eager to rev. The car feels more sporty. I would never have believed it, but its true.

Quite agree, I don't think you can successfully increase the RON from a 95 fuel by adding 10% ethanol, it's like cheating. Still, we're all going to be on 100% ethanol in the near future.

Sorry to be a twat, but 5p/litre is a £2 saving on a 40l fill up.