Reaction score
Just been pulled by traffic police, for driving an Modified car insured as standard - with no modifications!
The guy would not believe me about the trophy spec and now wants to consult my insurance company and 'prosicute me for no insurance' i'm thinking this is a bluff as he gave me no paperwork, not even a producer. Although, his parting shot was 'we will be in touch soon'. I've printed off a few bits and pics on here if he does come back, does anyone know if a sale book exists??
Even if he does get in touch with my local renault dealer, i doubt they'd know what a trophy is!

Anyone else had any similar probs? Don't really know what to do!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Really don't worry about this. What was his main beef? What did he think was modified? Phone your insurance confirm they have got ALL your details correct and then think about it if ever they get in touch, they probably won't.

Reaction score
never happened to me touch wood.....could you provide a few examples of the many trophy reviews by Evo etc. there was a link on this website once that has collated most of the reviews together.

as for the fuzz what a load of jokers! but it also proves that you must declare your mods!

Reaction score
WTF? Just tell them to piss off. Fucking filth, know less about cars than they do the law.

Reaction score
Main beefs were......
Seats can't be standard as they don't match the rear 'we're not stupid'
No car has exhausts out the middle as standard!
And after rocking the car, 'and its been lowered'
I've printed of tons of specs lists and reviews off the net, i'm actually half wanting him to get back to me!

My insurance company (elephant) were actually really helpful, the girl actually did a search on google for the Trophy (commented how nice it is) and put a note on system to say that car may appear modified but is actually standard spec, and any problems regarding it to be forwarded to her!

But just pointed out to me by a friend, does the game of snooker ring any bells.......................................?

Reaction score
idiots, probably thought you'd been to Halfords for all the stuff.

Reaction score
Would be amusing to see the look on the plod's face when he realises that he's owned himself big time!

Reaction score
makes you wonder about the police on our roads........ i mean how retarded can you get.

Reaction score
Can we have a meet at the traffic police Hq in Chigwell please, maybe they would understand if he saw all 500! :lol:
I thought it was going to put me off my car, as i'm fed up with the unwated attention modified cars bring from everyone (not just police) and the fact i've actually grown up now, but went out for a drive tonight and the smiles all came rushing back!

I'd love to see the look on his face when he finally realises he's a tw*t! =D>

Reaction score
Wow, this is something I never thought some policeman would be stupid enough to do.

I hope he gets back to you so you can show him what an idiot he has just been. I can't think of 1 car with the same front and rear seats :lol:

Im gonna leave Evo Magazine in my car from now on :D

Reaction score
Sorry to be a killjoy, D4VP, but what on earth makes you think he'll ever realise he's a tw@t?

Another one for the exhaust(s): Golf R32

Reaction score
How could you accuse the 182 exhausts of being non-standard? If you see them next to a car with a modified exhaust you can see how pathetically small and pea shooter like they are.