Reaction score
Looking around at Normal Clio 182's 2nd hand that are anywhere between 9-18 months old with usually under 20k on the clock, considering the website quotes an on the road price of £14,800 ( i know they could be snapped up for about £11,500 from some internet sales site ) but to see them now being sold for as little as £9,000 is a little worrying!

In a years time, how much will our 12 month old Trophy's with 8-20k on the clock be worth????

I would like to think as there will only be 500 to buy secondhand that the re-sale value will be kept high. And with some Nutters that buy them and Crash them and with the Horror stories like Mateys gettin Jacked at Sainsburys already, that 500 may well soon to 450!

Here's the Crunch. . . .

Surely we as a Community can help keep the 2nd hand values higher by all working off the same re-sales sheet???

I know the Trophy is supposed to be £15,500 on the road but most of us have been able to haggle on that and it seems that £13,800 seems to be the average, but how much will they drop by. . . .

Cant we all try and work together to try and protect our investments so when it comes to saying farewell and selling out Trophy's on, we know we will get a good return???

hyb

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me. But it only takes a few people willing to knock off more and more to sell there's over someone elses to make the prices fall.
Don't play on selling mine for a few years yet....when i finally get it !

Reaction score
Well mine is in the Dealership waiting for my loan to be approved so i can go and collect it. . . Damn Banks! And it looked so lonely in the lockup too!

Looks like i'll have the Highest numbered Trophy on here so far but im not giving the number away just yet. . . :wink:

Reaction score
Great idea you have there, I am up for it - maybe the site administrator could email all users about this as it would benefit everyone ?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sounds like a good idea in principle, although i'm not really sure what i'd be able to do about it as the site admin.

Fortunately I dont think there will be many Trophy's up for sale just yet, but hopefully people will demand the price they deserve for them when they do start to go on the second hand market.

Unfortunately it's a buyers market and people will only pay what they feel things are worth. There are lots of clio owners out there who have asked a good price for what may be a particularly mint example, and which should be worth more, but they just dont sell until the price is dropped.

Reaction score
Some good points Nik and i know we probably wont get every Trophy owner signed up on here to see this but. . . .

At least if we all had an idea of what we would like to see re-sale wise, we could maybe draw up a table as a guide of what we feel prices should be, then hopefully a good percentage of owners signed on here will have an idea of what to advertise at when selling on!

Civic Type R's hold value and Honda have sold over 18,000 Type R units alone!!! Only 500 Trophy's should keep the values up. Especially as it will be one of the most sought after models Renault have ever produced!
Anyone into cars will have read the reviews for the Trophy will know that it is quickly becoming the leader in its class, which is a tough class to crack.

Just trying to protect my pocket! And everyone elses!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah definitely, I hope you're right.

I cant see me selling mine for some time, but I certainly won't be giving it away for silly money when the time comes.

Reaction score
i was amazed to see that the resale value of my 23k mile clio 172 cup 52 plate is only £5850 :shock: so its dropped in price by half in 3 years not good :(

i hope the trophy holds it price better but i doubt it will .....

Reaction score
I think in the short term we will all have to accept that we are going to take a big hit of depreciation, however I think in the long run the Trophy is going to hold it's value well, just look at the Williams. Good ones still go for around the £4k mark, twice as much as a good condition valver...and with the Trophy being the new king of hot hatches, surely that will help to keep resale values as high as possible :D Well I am hoping anyway...

Reaction score
I hope you're right OliS.
I've budgeted to get about 5k back in 3 years' time.
I've never kept a car that long before, but you never know..... :D

amm

Reaction score
wigstar1 said:
Looking around at Normal Clio 182's 2nd hand that are anywhere between 9-18 months old with usually under 20k on the clock, considering the website quotes an on the road price of £14,800 ( i know they could be snapped up for about £11,500 from some internet sales site ) but to see them now being sold for as little as £9,000 is a little worrying!

In a years time, how much will our 12 month old Trophy's with 8-20k on the clock be worth????

I would like to think as there will only be 500 to buy secondhand that the re-sale value will be kept high. And with some Nutters that buy them and Crash them and with the Horror stories like Mateys gettin Jacked at Sainsburys already, that 500 may well soon to 450!

Here's the Crunch. . . .

Surely we as a Community can help keep the 2nd hand values higher by all working off the same re-sales sheet???

I know the Trophy is supposed to be £15,500 on the road but most of us have been able to haggle on that and it seems that £13,800 seems to be the average, but how much will they drop by. . . .

Cant we all try and work together to try and protect our investments so when it comes to saying farewell and selling out Trophy's on, we know we will get a good return???
if you go to www.motorhouse2000ltd.co.uk you can pick up a new 182 for £10995 :D :D

Reaction score
Some people are still waiting for theirs and you're already talking about selling yours!!! How ironic!

These will be collectors car, hopefully. Remember they only made 500 in the UK and 50 in Switzerland. So it's not that many. I can't wait to bring mine across the channel and look at people's face.
I'm sure the Trophy will be like the Williams and the price won't drop that much. I've seen the new Clio RS and frankly I'm not sure I like it, hence part-exchanging my 182 for the Trophy. Although I never thought I would.
As far as I'm concerned, I'm never selling my baby, sorry! Unless I move far afield...

For the pricing, let's wait and see, shall we?

Reaction score
Youll have to wait 20 years before a 'classic' is worth more than its original asking price.

20 year old MR2's are now fetching 10k in mint condition, they originally sold at 9k.

In 10 years time a standard mechanically sound rust free Williams will be worth around 15k, its 1993 asking price. All the 'dogs' will be dead by then and the car will be like rocking horse shit.