Reaction score
I had the Janspeed/K-Tec exhaust fitted today at their place in Dorset (cat back with the silenced centre pipe), so not the slightly cheaper super-sports version.

The fit & quality is excellent, no adjustment required after test drive etc...

Just thought I'd share my thoughts: I didn't want anything too boomy at motorway speed, so this system suits very well (decent burble at low revs & great note towars the redline, yet also amazingly civilised on half-throttle or sitting on M-Way).

Also, they didn't mind that I was an hour late as I got horribly lost :?

is1

Reaction score
Very useful information this as this exact system is no. 1 on my list when it comes to replacing the standard exhaust and I want it as close to standard as poss.
A question for you folks, is the standard system stainless (I'm guessing not) and if not, does it just rust away eventually as with most mild steel systems?
If so, is it particularly resistant to rust or does it rust like an old Italian?

Reaction score
The previous owner of my Trophy had this fitted as well, very good exhaust (as you mention, not too boomy), but the actual fitting left alot to be desired lol, ie i need to redo it ...

The standard exhaust is terrible & rusts/falls off, the Ktec version is stainless steel, so no such problems to report.

Reaction score
yep - the standard renault system is not the best - both rear silencers had rusted through & were blowing.

the Janspeed is stainless steel & comes with a lifetime guarantee - also it's lots lighter than the standard system (some 8 Kilograms) - regarding fitting, the fit is first rate as I got it fitted by K-Tec & they fit hundreds of them, mine took less than an hour to fit & their renaultsport knowledge is very sound.

is1

Reaction score
Cheers Paul.

Bring on the rust then! Is the price on the site of £351.33 fitted or was there a fitting charge on top?
The weight saving is the icing on the cake really isn't it given what these cars are about.
I am tempted when the time comes to get the sports cat replacement pipe (not decat) and go the whole "fit and forget" route but it is pricey at around £300 on top.
We'll see.

Reaction score
fitting is extra cost (about £60) - also budget for new mounts as 2 of mine were knackered - about £19 each...

Reaction score
Paul_S said:
regarding fitting, the fit is first rate as I got it fitted by K-Tec & they fit hundreds of them, mine took less than an hour to fit & their renaultsport knowledge is very sound.

Mine was fitted by ktec :wink: its currently blowing, hanging low & has been incorrectly put on the mounts.

This was 12 months ago though, i think their apprentice must have done it lol

Reaction score
I too have this system (without the centre silencer and de-catted) and I also find it a pleasant sounding system, however I'm with Dave and think the fit could be a bit better and I'm considering getting a custom system from AAS in Newcastle

Reaction score
ive got the super sport cat back with a sports cat. sounds very good and pops too