Reaction score
Does anyone know/have one fitted, whether there is a big difference between the Janspeed sports and supersports versions?Obviously noise but is the supersports much louder?

sorry to go on.. :oops: but also would the 2.5" bore on the KTR ultra janspeed make much difference?

Merci

Reaction score
i have the supersports version along with ktr sports cat. its rather loud when you floor it and can be quiet driving around town. before the exhaust the car pulled hard in all gears felt good low down but with exhaust it does feel a little quicker, theres a big difference at the top end from say doing 40-60 in 2nd you can feel the extra power, down side i think the t has lost a bit of grunt down the lower rev range but hopefully soon getting remap to counter this. get the supersports and find a tunnel youll have the biggest grin on your face

Reaction score
I think i may have to get me one of those then. Its either that or the Scorpion (or prospeed but thats quite far). Are your tailpipes 3.5"? they say they are on the KTR website but they dont look it?

Reaction score
Im in a bit of a predicament now, i cant decide between the scorpion and the janspeed. i prefer the look of the Janspeed but its a 2.25" and im thinking i wouldnt be able to do the CAT modification (mark fish mod, making it bigger bore at end of CAT) to suit the exhaust as its a smaller bore than the scorpion :oops:

So someone decide for me please!!! :D :lol:

Reaction score
At the end of the day, you're not going to notice a huge difference if any between the two performance wise. Decision will be down to price and the sound which will be a personal preference. The KTR system has one silencer for the rear pipes so may be a little louder.

SS825.jpg

Reaction score
You won't won't be able to do the cat mod with the Scorpion either. It starts off at basically the stock exhaust size straight after the cat (they all have to if they bolt up to the stock cat) and "magically" enlarges within the centre resonator to emerge as a larger diameter pipe out the other end.

So, if you wanted to enlarge the cat outlet to 2.5" you'd need to replace the Scorpion centre resonator as well. ;)

IMHO Renault probably designed it that way for a reason (possibly only for noise reduction) but it might also be to improve torque at lower revs- as it should help improve gas speeds at low revs. Sure, it would limit top end power a bit, but I'd rather lose a bit of top end for mid range torque (and a quieter exhaust.)

Reaction score
Interesting! well im just going to stop being a girl and decide!

Cheers

Reaction score
See i really like the look of that because i think the slant is more noticable. How do you like it? i like your Trophy sticker on the back too :D I have to decide as im ordering it at the weekend!

Reaction score
I really like the Janspeed as its only a single box on the rear and is about 8kg's lighter than the OEM one so there is something to be gained there even if it microns! It also not loud and very burbley through 3-4k revs.
I have not got a decat on it yet but that what my next step will be!

Reaction score
Ok thanks, by the way (sorry to bother and going off topic) do you know the price on renault OE front pads? Cheers

Reaction score
I am ordering when i get home tonight, it was my birthday on saturday and was a pretty heavy weekend so i didnt get round to doing it!

I cant believe it but i am still undecided however at the moment i am more swayed to the janspeed (possibly louder version as i have heard the quiet one is very quiet?)

Sam

Reaction score
have a look on the milltek website, they have a couple of good vids of their system. made me opt for that system and its the tits..!! looks the part with the slash cut, fits the cut outs nicely and fits a doddle..!! sounds awesome an all, not too loud untill you open the taps. got an ITG panel filter an all and its definately more responsive.. just another option for you...!!

Reaction score
Yep i do really like that!Sounds good, if i am ever in Scotland i will have to come and hear it :wink: I have another day to decide now as my Girlfriend said that she would buy it for me .... Wohoo :D

Reaction score
havent really heard anyone else talk about it either,they all seem to go for the yozza or the scorpion, and it comes in about £350 inc the vodka and tonic..!! :D :D :D I'll get a couple of pics on here for ye so ye can see it fitted.. Couldn't believe how easy it was to do..!! Thinkin bout an induction kit but dont know what to go for as theres so many.. what does everyone else have (if any) and what do you think works well..??

N1 gettin yer bird to pay for it an all, she'll like it........ Mine does :) :) :)