Reaction score
Pick my car up from jamsport saturday after having ported and matched inlet, custom remap, whiteline rear arb, pagid front discs, ferodo ds2500 front pads, goodridge braided brake hoses all round and 5.1 brake fluid so will let you all know the results fingers crossed they will be good :lol:

Reaction score
Well thats sounds like a great combination of Mod's you have chosen there.

Only thing you need now to test you have got it right is a Track.

Reaction score
[attachment=0:1rdh23rq]images.jpg[/attachment:1rdh23rq]

:)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 516
Reaction score
Hi guys picked my car up today and i can say im quiet happy with the results, the whiteline arb seems to work great it seems to handle and feel more in control and the power results are 188bhp 164lbft it seems to pull harder specialy in 5th where it lacked before and now has no flat spots and very smooth with better throttle responce as for the brakes i need bed them in yet so will let you know on them but all an all im happy :D

Reaction score
Glad you're enjoying the car after the work!

It wont have 188bhp though, not unless they dropped some cams in as well :wink:

Reaction score
Yh its just made it more fun to drive, well it was rolling roaded at 158bhp 135lbft at the wheels with just a janspeed cat back and a k&n panel filter but now its got a decat, custom remap, ported & matched inlet and extra cold air intake pipe so im going get it rolling roaded again at my local rolling road see what it makes there :D

Reaction score
UPDATE had my car rolling roaded again at my local rolling road MIKEANICS in congleton just to see the diffrents to what jamsport said it was and the results are 178.9 bhp @ 6591 rpm 152.7 ibft @ 5680 rpm so a bit of a diffrents to what jamsport said, does this sound right for my mods or is it low??? :?

Reaction score
That sounds alright. It's not easy getting power out of them. If it's anything like mine the power increase was more noticeable in the midrange.

Reaction score
Sounds about rite to me, these cars cant really be tunned slightly to make a big improvement.

If your looking for big bhp and torque figures your need to look into turbo or supercharger failing that to bring it to the 200 mark it ITB's or something.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys and i have noticed better mid range power and drives better and i know that they dont make 182 bhp standard but with jamsport saying its 188 bhp 164 lbft it confused me.

Reaction score
Depends on how its been tested it usually states on the printout that its flywheel or at the wheel, i also know the tighter you strap a car down the higher the readings are this it not done practice btw and its due to putting more force on the rolling road.

Reaction score
Theres a big diffrents between 188 bhp @ flywheel what jamsport rolling road said to 178.9 bhp @ flywheel at Mikeanics rolling what is known to be a gd popular rolling road.

Reaction score
Different RR's will give different results, the same RR might give different results on different days. The results you have will be at the flywheel. Although a difference of 9.1 is large...

The Jam numbers are way optimistic imo :)

Mine gave 171bhp on the ktec rollers (which I was pleased with) so your 178.9 is damn good if it's accurate!

If I ever sell mine (never will) I'm getting a Jam certificate to prove to the prospective buyer how powerful the old motor is :twisted: