Reaction score
Hi was just wondering whats so good about these (ITG Maxogens) and are they wortrh that money (£300)

Reaction score
C5PHL said:
Hi was just wondering whats so good about these (ITG Maxogens) and are they wortrh that money (£300)

Well i have one so they must be good :lol:

Serious, they make the car really respond better from low down but more so when high up the rev range.

Oh & they sound awesome.

Think you will find they are nearer £400 :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've not noticed any change in the noise but that maybe the 'zorst drowning out the intake noise lol. The throttle response and urgency has improved - but what i don't know as it's not been on a RR yet.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hmm, has anyone put one on the RR without the ITG Maxogen and then with one? To get a comparison? No disrespect to anyone (and I certainly don't dispute the claims that is has improved things) but I sometimes wonder if the noise has a psychological effect on your perception of how the car is performing. A few hundred quid to add a top induction kit just for improved acoustics seems a little steep!!! :lol:

Seriously, g40steve and Cue... are any other mod's working in tandem with the Maxogen? Remap? Mani? Exhaust? I'm just trying to get a feel for the best way to go in the future in terms of performance mod's without having to yet uprate internals, cams, etc. (although the brakes and setup come first).

Cheers.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
personally £400 would be better spent on brakes , a remap and CAF but having said that it has shaved over a second off my 20-100mph time - before and after runs.

Reaction score
Just picked up a second handed one 3months old for £250 :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
personally £400 would be better spent on brakes , a remap and CAF but having said that it has shaved over a second off my 20-100mph time - before and after runs.

Cheers mate - appreciate the feedback. 8)

Reaction score
Is the Maxogen really much better then the ITG replacement flat pannel filter? This is a genuine question as I'm thinking about a few upgrades myself but was just going to go with the direct replacement.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
over a second difference between 20-100mph. Haven't got a clue about any power or torque increases but the timing was a before and after fitting my maxogen - same day (just), same road, same conditions and temp.

I had the itg panel filter in for the first run.

Reaction score
mardi j said:
Is the Maxogen really much better then the ITG replacement flat pannel filter? This is a genuine question as I'm thinking about a few upgrades myself but was just going to go with the direct replacement.

Don't bother with an ITG filter, it doesn't make any difference. The Maxogen is good but you should consider that the difference won't be that great. I like the sound and it does pick up a bit earlier, but is it really worth that much of your cash? It will make more difference than an exhaust though IMO.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
George K said:
Please someone do a proper before and after r/r. Then I will shut up.

i've been thinking about this since Jan (me, indecisive :oops: ) and unless you have a dyno in your backgarden it would be just too expensive to get a realistic figure as to make the most of the max you need a live map but as you will not be able to atribute the gains to the Maxogen alone you would also have to do a live map before fitting and @ 350/400 a pop........................

What we need is a rich benefactor to do development work.