itg filter

Reaction score
Just went to clean it to find it with sticky brown stuff on the bottom side and in the bottom of the air box .

Reaction score
A few pics

Attachments

• work pictures 024.jpg
    work pictures 024.jpg
    695.9 KB · Views: 227
  • work pictures 025.jpg
    work pictures 025.jpg
    662.3 KB · Views: 228
Reaction score
For something that's supposed to let the car breath better how does it do it with thick gunk in it ?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol i was imagining a load of black gunk.... just wipe it a kitchen towel, put it back and leave it.

There looks to be excessive oil on the filter, but not much. The oil is meant to be there as it collects the particles. There's a special filtration system on them that allows the engine to breath still.

Reaction score
I was cleaning it as per itg recommendations getting the dust out and the bits out of the bottom of the air box and it just looked wrong .

Reaction score
Just received this from itg .The Pro-Filter is supplied oiled with a Silkolene product which is green in colour. If the filter is dry the dust particles have nothing to stick to and so work their way through the filter and into the engine.

The only way I could imagine that the oil could get that brown colour is if it was very dirty or if there was dirty water getting into the air box.

Our technical sales manager is back in tomorrow so I will discuss it with him and our Engineering Director.