Is it wrong to want a Clio Trophy when "ya old"?

Reaction score
Drew, thanks for that. Was beginning to think I was the only one (apart from the gentleman at EVO of course). Anyway 'old' is not a time of life it is a state of mind! That's what I keep telling myself.

My good lady asked me the other day why I still have to have this kind of car at my age :roll:

Still don't know how to answer.....

Reaction score
I'm 35 and quite happy with my everyday Trophy thank you 8) ...

...oh, and my weekend toy...

...but deffo wouldnt want a pretend Lotus :lol: Not at any age !!

Reaction score
I find the older I get, the less I care about what other people think about what car I am driving :roll:

And yes I am old too. :lol: Love my Trophy. 8)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There is a perception that as it's a hatchback it classed as the typical 'hot hatch, max power' category..... I'm a beliver that the 172 may well be heading that way, the 182 may well get there, but the cost of damper replacements on a Trophy when outside of it's warranty mean the Trophy will never get there.... Can you see the typical (i say this knowing that a few teenager own Trophys) Teenager driving a car that will need £3k spending on it every few years?

Reaction score
I think I was the oldest there on our recent "mini-meet" but tbh I don't feel too old for the car - I felt that was the case sometimes when I had my 172 Cup

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
not if you on this site ;) we have a master suspension rebuilder if the worst happens..... I think the Reno guy said every 30k or something stupid, well a fair few have gone way past that and not needed it so may it is.