Reaction score
is Jenson Button undeserving of the World Championship? To me a world champion is always up there, gunning for podium places. Yes during the first few races he had a better aero package and trounced the competition, but in terms of out right talent Hamilton and Alonso have Button licked!

Your thoughts?

p.s with a Trophy, I'd have Button's Brawn in the twisties.

Reaction score
I completley agree. It's not how you start but how you finish imo. You shouldn't be able to fall over the line, or live off earlier successes.

I would still like him to win it, as I like him, but would prefer to see Vetel or even Hamilton (Yes I know he can't but since he has a sorted car been well up there, 2 wins and some 3 rd's [if you take that crash the other week on final lap]).

Jay

Reaction score
Hamilton is a smug gimp though. I know I should be supporting him as I live in Woking, but you just wanna slap him.

Reaction score
I'm no big F1 fan but it seems to me last year when the maclaren was the strongest car it was still Hamilton that everyone classed as amazing, This year (at the start) when the Brawn was the strongest car it was the car that was amazing and not Button.

Perhaps Hamilton isn't as good as everyone thinks afterall!?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
if button doesn't win or is not worthy im not sure who is.... no one has really been up there all season, every race...

Reaction score
A driver is only as good as his car allows him to be. Although a truly gifted driver can make a crap car perform, it'll never be at the front.

Button deserves the championship, he did the legwork at the start of the season and is now doing what he needs to do, least at the moment!.

Reaction score
It is a difficult one. The Brawn was clearly superior at the beginning of the season ansd JB made the most of it. The others have at least caught up and the car/circuit match has changed - viz Force India's success. It could also be that their development budget is less than some of the others. Also looking at his earlier career JB appears to need a perfect car and finds it harder to drive round problems - probably as much a function of his smooth driving style - which is the opposite to Hamilton who appears to be a more aggressive driver and enjoys making the car move around.

With both the driver's and constructors' titles at stake I am sure that they are running a conservative race and qualifying strategy, which is not always the most exciting to watch. However do remember that so far he has won more races this season than any other driver, so even on Bernie's winner takes all concept, he should be champion. This may be his best chance, so I would back their approach.

Reaction score
there a half a dozen drivers that consistantly extract the most peformance from their cars during the race - Button isn't one of them. Button was only doing well when he had a car advantage.