BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ive just ordered the following mods

Brembo max grooved disks.
Mintex 1155 front and rear pads.
goodridge stainless steel braided break lines.
Some dot 4.1 break fluid when i get round to it.

Wont be tellin them about the second one.
Has anyone with similar mods informed their insurance company, im unsure whether or not to insure them.
im with greenlight so its not an issue insuring them.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If you're with Greenlight you'd be daft not to, it won't be an issue but if you have an accident it will become a big one, these guys are not dumb.

Reaction score
Just do it........my brakes are listed as modified.......everything you miss out is a risk, which may in the event of an accident potentially invalidate your policy!!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
You're at risks by not declaring them, better to be safe than sorry.

what influenced you decision for going for the mintex pads??

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ye i cant see it costing much to insure break modifications either so i best insure them. (always best to be on the safe side)
I chose mintex 1155's because i read on here they were good for the road, and i got them for a good price. If there no good ill change them and then at least ill know what there like in practice and not someone telling me what there like.
if i tell them i have mintex race pads wont that invalidate my insurance seen as there not designed for road use.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
just tell them mintex, wouldn't mention the 'race' pads bit - they're not actually a race bred pad. If they are then in my experience they'd last half a race. I had the 1188's though.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ill get some Pagid Blue (RS4-2)'s next time. chose mintex coz i paid £70 for front and back pads. where as pagids are £160 for just the fronts.

Reaction score
don't insurance companies just require the words 'aftermarket brakes'?

Both companies i've had to declare my trophy brakes too have just required this...i have never had to give specifics.....new disks, pads, lines and brake fluid just comes under aftermarket brakes.

is greenlight different then?

Reaction score
Hoolio, I've got the Pagid blues too, do yours squeel a lot? Fantastic stopping power when warmed up a bit :D

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
So are the mintex 1155's no good then ? (they will only be used on the road)

Pagid RS4-2's will be the first choice when the mintex need replacing. Especially for track work.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sam415 said:
Hoolio, I've got the Pagid blues too, do yours squeel a lot? Fantastic stopping power when warmed up a bit :D

No noise at all so far but was warned they could start playing up. I've been suprised at how good they are from cold as well but then again i don't go 0-100 straight after jumping in the car.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Either Ds2500 or Pagid's blues will do for road and track use.

I've had squeel from my pagid's but nothing overly noisey.

Reaction score
I have tried to declare modified brakes to my insurer (Swinton) and they informed me that they were not interested in a pad/disc change, would only care if I changed calipers. A bit odd, but there you go :eek: