Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just had my new car insurance through @ £1600. cheapest i can get it. all because the women who hit me in the car had no insurance or driving licence. Had to pay my £600 excess to get it fixed, what do i pay my insurane for!!!!? :evil:

Reaction score
Crikes that is VERY expensive! Stupid question maybe, but presume you've shopped around? Wish you luck.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Wow ! I thought my £870 was expensive. :eek:

Unlucky.

Reaction score
Have you tried greenlight mate??? they are far the cheapest for alot of my mates! I went with them when I had my Leon Cupra R and I had at the time 9 points for speeding. Now that 3 have come off it went down slightly but when I moved to greenlight they only took 3 into account! beacause the other 3 was over a certain date/year

So for the T i'm paying £420 full comp with 3 yrs NCB and 3 points - and i'm 26

Reaction score
ste1985 said:
Hi folks,

Just had my new car insurance through @ £1600. cheapest i can get it. all because the women who hit me in the car had no insurance or driving licence. Had to pay my £600 excess to get it fixed, what do i pay my insurane for!!!!? :evil:

A lad at work was paying £300 for his insurance on a Fiat Punto, a car parked behind him went on fire and rolled into his car, the car that went on fire had no insurance so he had to pay £1000 to get his fixed. His insurance went up to £900 and he lost his no claims.
As already said try Greenlight if you havent already, my insurance is up in Sept and i just got quoted £430 which is £40 cheaper than anyone else and £200 cheaper than what im paying this year. There must be someone that will insure cheaper than that?

Ste

Reaction score
My insurance is'nt due until November, got a quote last week for a laugh, came out around £1000 fully comp, thats with 6 points & a claim to my name lol, I found I could lower it by adding my mum & dad on as named drivers lol .. an im "only" 22!

Reaction score
could be worse
mine insurance is £2000 with a excess of £1000. thanks to DIRECT LINE i have no years no cliams when i should be owed 3 but i have no points . I' m 19 lol

Reaction score
BenG said:
£225, lol.

:eek:

How old... :wink:

36, but lots of caveats to that price. I've never claimed, though I do have three points, I pump the excess right up, it's in a locked garage in rural Somerset, and more importantly it's only insured for 6,000 miles a year which is more than enough. Used to be insured for social use only, but added commuting for the couple of times a year it's used, and it actually made no difference to the price.

I've been quoted £292 on similar terms for the upcoming Focus RS, which is nice!

Reaction score
I'm 27 years old, 4 years NCB and I'm paying about £700 through Greenlight, but I am doing 25,000 miles a year