Reaction score
...mine's up for renewal in a couple of weeks, anyone recommend any websites or hints for cheaper quotes for Trophies?

I've tried the usual comparison sites: Confused, MoneySupermarket, goCompare

Best price I can get so far is £580 from Elephant.

Cheers,
ND

Reaction score
Yeah defo try greenlight.

I am 24 with 5 points, 3 years no claims (touch wood!!!) and they quoted me 600 whereas Hastings quoted me £2400!!!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
greenlight, privilege or churchill seem to be the best 'en mass.

greenlight would be my choice as they are mod and track friendly.

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, insurance up mid september. been doing some looking around, best deal so far is with Virgin £716.

27, 4yrs NCB, 3points and had accident last year in another car, wasn't my fault and all costs were reclaimed.

just sent form to greenlight so will wait and see!

Reaction score
I'm with direct line 21, 2 years NCB £820! Worth shopping about tho!

Reaction score
Do lots of shopping, Greenlight brokers are great, cheap (£497 for me, 27 with three years no-claims, 3 points and a high risk area (see here for your code; http://www.geocities.com/mpgcalc/postcodeRISK.html )) and trackday and modification friendly. They're very nice people too, except if it turns out your car doesn't have an alarm and they automatically cancel your policy within 7 days!

Their number: 01277 263030

Remember that they are brokers, not insurers themselves and will most probably use Highway Insurance for a Trophy, but not always.

Reaction score
theo said:
I'm with direct line 21, 2 years NCB £820! Worth shopping about tho!

I'm 21 with 3 years NCB and Direct Line quoted me nearly 2 grand! - How can it differ so much? I've got an extra years NCB too :shock:

Admiral did it for £860 - definitely shop around

Reaction score
Yeah I'm with Admiral at the moment. The renewal quote was £640, but Elephant.co.uk (the same people as Admiral) are offering the same at £580...was going to negotiate with Admiral to get them down using this lower quote.

<rant> Although, on another note, it's annoying because these companies will write the letter in such a way that "its there best offer" and that "you should be so lucky they are doing this for you"....when in reality, they're just screwing you over. Most people will just pay the fee they demand without even thinking of challenging! </rant>