Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've just renewed mine with Privilege today as it happens. I've not been able to beat them or in most cases get that close to them for the last 3 years.

Trophy, 26 years old, 5 years NCD, no points or claims.

£399 fully comp. (Although that bumped up to £515 with protected no claims, legal cover, courtesy car etc all on)

Reaction score
Ok, thanks Nik. My quote looks pretty good then considering where I live and my points:

55 plate Trophy with 12k miles
29 years old
9 points
SW11 (Battersea, London) parked on the street
5 years no claims

£795 inc everything

Reaction score
Nik said:
I've just renewed mine with Privilege today as it happens. I've not been able to beat them or in most cases get that close to them for the last 3 years.

Trophy, 26 years old, 5 years NCD, no points or claims.

£399 fully comp. (Although that bumped up to £515 with protected no claims, legal cover, courtesy car etc all on)

What was yours last year Nik? Mine was £686 with protected NCB @25yo, full NCB. Did you see any reduction at renewal?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'll check my old policy document later but i'm sure mine was just over £600 last year so a fairly good reduction, although thats going from 4-5 years NCD for this year so i suppose that's to be expected. I also had a non-fault claim worth £15k that no longer needs to be declared (now over 3 years ago) so that might have made a small difference.

Reaction score
Privilege on line and with 3 points.

when my renewal came though it was £350 so i did it on line and it was £50 cheaper so i just cancle my renewal and did it online all with privilege spoke to them on the phone and they could not match the online price.

I do have house insurance with them which gives me 10% aswell.

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
55 plate Trophy, 11000 miles
6 years NCB
Advanced driving cert (x2 but didn't make much difference)
3 points
23 years old
decent area

£680 from Bell Direct :D

Got a quote of £500 from Direct Line, confirmed all details on the phone that it was being insured as a Trophy, was told it was all ok. Got docs through and it was down as a 182 sport. Called them back and as they ammended the policy they added £298 on top asit is a - and I quote - ''rare colour, faster, and is more deirable(if you can find one)''

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
ryanaldo13 said:
try greenlight, they've saved me hundreds, only 22 with 3 years ncb

How much do you pay?

Off topic:

Fancy trying to get the few scottish Trophies that there is to a meet somewhere?

Reaction score
ryanaldo13 said:
try greenlight, they've saved me hundreds, only 22 with 3 years ncb

I found Greenlight to be cheap too, but remember that they are a broker - not an insurance company :)

O.

Reaction score
I'm paying £950, last year £1200, yes it's a lot for a 22 year old... (dont stay in best area, on street parking ect...)

but compaired to the lot on confused website/elephant/adrian flux I saved £900 last year and £600 this year.

Off Topic:

any scottish meet's i'm up for.

Reaction score
Just had my new Norwich union renewal quote for fully comp insurance for £490 thats without protection of claims and protected goes to £517. Rang privilage up for a quote and fully comp protected no claims is £319. Thats the best i`ve had.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
tooby said:
Just had my new Norwich union renewal quote for fully comp insurance for £490 thats without protection of claims and protected goes to £517. Rang privilage up for a quote and fully comp protected no claims is £319. Thats the best i`ve had.

WARNING: DO NOT GO WITH NORWICH UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm on a personal campaign to ruin their business. Biggest shower of sheight i've ever come across........ Every time I deal with them my blood boils.

Only two more weeks and my dealing with them will cease for EVER!!!!

Asian call centres are the bain of my life!!! It's not that it's asain, its that no fecker understands what your calling about and they have to follow scripts to the letter! If your problem aint listed then... bye bye deal with it yourself... fecking arshaholesss.......

Reaction score
Cue said:
tooby said:

Asian call centres are the bain of my life!!! It's not that it's asain, its that no fecker understands what your calling about and they have to follow scripts to the letter! If your problem aint listed then... bye bye deal with it yourself... fecking arshaholesss.......

this is a problem i have experienced with Admiral too, they are just as bad in my opinion as are More Than who i have previously been insured with. communication difficulties and a very regimented script make it hard to sort out problems