Reaction score
Direct line, which is my cheapest quote so far: 560 for a 182, 745 for a trophy.
Ouch!

Reaction score
Asda 1k+
AA 1k+
Tesco 930
Sainsburys 665 for a 182 / 750 for a trophy - best so far as xs is 350 vs 500 for direct line
the search continues...

Reaction score
elephant 720 / 350 xs no option for legal protection though, so same as sainsbury's in reality.

admiral == elaphant btw, although their breakdown with homestart is £20 cheaper for some reason.

Tesco and direct line are very similar too, but for some reason they offer different prices.

Churchill > £1k

Bored of this now!

Reaction score
Thanks, confused listed sainsbury's as my best option.

696.85 / 500xs with legal protection

Doesn't seem too bad. I can take another £40 off if I say I'll park it on the drive, but then, I'm worried about what happens if I leave it on the street!

Reaction score
Greenlight was my cheapest at 680 - 24 with three years no claims and supposedly live in high risk area. It is nice though! Really

Reaction score
Definitely waiting till tomorrow to get a quote off greenlight then. I've got 5 years ncb, although I'm also in a (pleasant) fairly high risk area.

Reaction score
Doing the same thing myself at the moment - Confused, Go Compare etc are rubbish for me, about £200 more than if I go to the company direct for an online quote! Best for me so far is Privilege at £543.90...

I've filled in the quote form for Greenlight who I really want to go with as I'm sure I've read they do trackday cover for £50 a day if you've got a policy with them! Wonder if they'll cover the Nurburgring!

Reaction score
Oh I am liking Privilege. In the past they have always had a laugh at my expense, but I guess I'm now old enough to join the club - £506 / 500xs. That's nearly £200 less than anyone else so far! I can even drop down to 472, but a £600 xs is starting to sound a little scary...

Reaction score
Closest other quotes for me was 800 with Adrian Flux 400 ex, direct line, admiral, nationwide all 1200 mark, elephant 1400 and some nut at performance direct 3500!!!

Reaction score
to be fair, you need to be comparing insurance quotes with an identical excess - a higher excess will reduce the premium slightly...

but you need to remember also that the Trophy is a group 17 (182 is 16) and that the Trophy was only produced in 500 cars, whereas there was 5522 182's made. Factor in that there have been a few Trophy's crashed and written off this year and all of a sudden insurance companies are starting to put them down as a higher risk vehicle

I was insured with Admiral, and even with my £14k claim, my price was about 750 quid i think (9 years protected NCD)

Reaction score
Yeah, xs, legal protection and ncb protection all need to line up.
I've roughly said that to me, £100 less xs is worth £30 on the premium. If it costs less than that to reduce the xs, I'll take it. If it costs more, then I'll take my chances. Means if I claim once every 3 years, the costs will equalise.

Dissapointingly green light just emailed me back saying they couldn't insure me as it's not modified!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
bludragon said:
Dissapointingly green light just emailed me back saying they couldn't insure me as it's not modified!

That does sound a little odd, like Trophy176 says did you fill in the moded section or the hot hatch section for the quick quote? Just phone them it's only a couple of guys who are quite friendly and know their stuff unlike most call staff. The quote may not be the cheapest though, at £470 was almost £200 over the cheapest i got.

Reaction score
Tesco insurance is underwritten by direct line so they should be more similar than that!

Reaction score
I was with Greenlight (Highway Insurance) at £490 Fully Comp, unlimited mileage. No-one else came close, but if you have 4 years no claims Privilege are the best. Although they don't do £50 track-day cover which is excellent.

An extra £111 to finish my term with the Integra, same insurance group but higher risk apparently. :roll:

Reaction score
Don't bother getting a quote from Greenlight online. Give them a call and they will sort your quote out properly. I'm now paying just under £470 with 4yrs no claims aged 25 (well 26 now, but 25 when I took the policy) on an R26. My Trophy was £570 aged 24 with 3 yrs ncb.
If they really do want a modification to insure it, then just pop an ITG panel filter in!

Reaction score
chiefbadger said:
Don't bother getting a quote from Greenlight online. Give them a call and they will sort your quote out properly. I'm now paying just under £470 with 4yrs no claims aged 25 (well 26 now, but 25 when I took the policy) on an R26. My Trophy was £570 aged 24 with 3 yrs ncb.
If they really do want a modification to insure it, then just pop an ITG panel filter in!

I didn't know you were two years younger than me Ols, and you're married! What am I doing with my life? How's married life treating you by the way?

Oops... (offtopic) :oops:

Reaction score
I read the email from greenlight wrong - it's my postcode they don't like :-(

Reaction score
Steve said:
chiefbadger said:

I didn't know you were two years younger than me Ols, and you're married! What am I doing with my life? How's married life treating you by the way?

Oops... (offtopic) :oops:

Very nicely thanks Steve! Just got back from Honeymoon so tanned and happy! Have also got a serious hankering for an E39 M5 at the mo, so the R26 might be moving on sooner than planned!!! :D