Reaction score
Morning, I know there are a few posts on this already but then the trend is always changing too.

Just wondering who youa re getting the best deals from at the moment? Im currently with e-sure and their re-newal isn't looking so good so thought i'd ask around.

Thanks in advance.

Wigstar1

Reaction score
Admiral! I pay about £500 for mine. Fully comp, 10,000 miles. Think most of us are with Admiral although when I phoned up last, the guy on the phone read out the model as 'Renault Clio 182 (Tropical) 2.0 16v' I just had to correct him! lol ;o)

Reaction score
I'm with Saga (no comments please :)) £280 comp no limited mileage and full european cover 364 days per year - for old sods only lol!

Reaction score
Greenlight all uk tracks covered which is a bonus if your going to do the odd trackday

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
trophy380 said:
Admiral! I pay about £500 for mine. Fully comp, 10,000 miles. Think most of us are with Admiral although when I phoned up last, the guy on the phone read out the model as 'Renault Clio 182 (Tropical) 2.0 16v' I just had to correct him! lol ;o)

Same here, I pay around £450 for mine as part of the multi car scheme they do.

Reaction score
Greenlight also - renewal price went down this year too which was nice!

Paying £430 fully comp 11,000max 26yo male secure parking etc etc

Jeffo - you're covered in Europe 364 days per year? Which day are you not?! Sod's law that'd be the one day something happens... :lol:

Reaction score
They expect you to come back for at least an mot, I've already been in Blighty for 6 days so I'm ahead of the game!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
eljeffo64 said:
I'm with Saga (no comments please :)) £280 comp no limited mileage and full european cover 364 days per year - for old sods only lol!
That is depressing. Mine is in the 4 figure region.
21 year old =[

keo

Reaction score
i am going with elephant for my renewal £1800 more or less

But i did have a crash in a VXT last year so thats why it is so much

22 1YNCB

Reaction score
Trophy No.
eljeffo64 said:

And they cover your mods/upgrades?

Reaction score
Best I could get was £880, I'm 27 with 3 years NCB with Admiral

Having a £10350 theft claim has really messed up my premium

Reaction score
hoolio said:
eljeffo64 said:

And they cover your mods/upgrades?

the only mods likely to attract attention are the exhaust, the re-map and the top mounts. I've not declared them but have no real concern - they wont see the re-map (unless they read this thread) and the exhaust isn't a performance upgrade it's a rusty silencer upgrade (in the same way the pads/ discs are wear and tear replacements) - the top mounts .... perhaps: Anyhow they are very relaxed with us mature types over at Saga!

Reaction score
aucky said:
eljeffo64 said:
That is depressing. Mine is in the 4 figure region.
21 year old =[

don't be depressed : i'd pay that if they could make me 21 again (not strictly true) - there are not many benefits of getting old, this is one of them ;-)

Reaction score
Im 33 and pay 820 with direct line.
I do have a dr10 (2 pints) and I protect my no claims(9 years).

Reaction score
I went with brent acre this year. Can have as many mods as you like as long as not over 190 bhp at the fly. No fee for declaring any mods. European cover, protected no claims as well. 850 at 23 5 yrs ncb.

Happy enough still a lot :shock:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
23 - 4 Years NCB - £760 - All mods insured

Im with Greenlight 8)

Ben

Reaction score
Thanks guys, certianly narrows the field a bit when it comes to the day of calls to insurance companies.

Who is the insurance company that were doing an offer especially for this forum? I remember seeing some posts a while back but forget their name now?

Reaction score
I've just switched to Aviva, they're a lot more competitive that Norwich Union used to be. With there two months free offer it's worked out at £329 for the year with a £250 total excess, I'm 27, 7 years ncb (they work to 5 as maximum), car garaged. The only downside is their excess is £50, but I never bother with it anyway, if I need a solicitor I'll instruct one and claim costs back when I win. They've not charged any extra for the exhaust and won't add any extra for uprated braking system. For comparisson they were £110 less than greenlight and over £150 less than RAC who were the next cheapest for me when shopping around. Admiral were somewhere around £600 for me.