Reaction score
I just posted this on RS site but thought id stick it on here as well, any thoughts?

I went 4 a 40 mile drive 2day, when i got home with the engine still running a popped the bonnet and put my hand on the inlet manifold and found it was only just warm.
Is this normal on a clio trophy?
My old FF 182 inlet manifold used to get hot after a 40 mile drive, this did have a viper induction fitted, does this prove that the standard clio air box keeps the inlet manifold temp down due to sucking more cold air than a after market induction?
If this is indeed true then a better panel filter, removal of the pointless acoustic valve and maybe a bit of extended pipe down to the lower grill should have excellent results.
The temp showing on the guage in the car was about half way as normal.

Reaction score
weird mate,my ph1 172 has a std inlet and its only in the summer when my inlet gets hot,most of the time i can hold my han on my inlet no probs

Reaction score
I've been watching this recently on a scandisk OBD reader I have. It shows the air inlet temperature. On normal driving the air temperature is about 10 degrees C above the outside air temperature. When I was caught in traffic the temperature rose to about 30 degrees above the outside temperature. Given a few miles clear traffic it will cool down again.

I don't know what the viper is like, but I think any open induction kit is just going to take hot air from the engine bay like the standard airbox in traffic. I think a closed kit with a cold air feed would be best.

I don't think a different filter will make a noticeable difference. I couldn't tell any difference when I fitted an ITG filter.