Reaction score
That's a great find! :D

A colleague at work has a Caterham with some Reverie carbon bits on it, and all the parts look superb...

Looks like it is just a normal K&N induction, with a cannister covering the filter to help prevent hot air being drawn in. My only issue with the kit is there is no cold feed, just an open end pointing towards the front panel, oh and the fact that the version with the oil breather, silicone pipe and the carbon cannister (which is a must!) ends up at £359 incl VAT and delivery.

Still it's one I'll be adding to my list of probables, hopefully by the time I get around to modifying my Trophy there will be some more info on this kit.

Reaction score
it will screw up your fueling big time

I have had 172's and 182's and now the trophy and induction kits on these car DO NOT WORK unless you do the exhaust system with sports or decat and have a custom map to work with the parts fitted.

All an induction kit will do on a standard map will lose you power and Mpg and screw up your fueling.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
MrD06 said:
All an induction kit will do on a standard map will lose you power and Mpg and screw up your fueling.

Agreed.

Seconded! :p

Waiting till I can do the exhaust, induction and re-map all at once...

Reaction score
so is it better to just put in a ITG panel filter at the moment??

Reaction score
Without a doubt - IK's can increase the air flow so much (particularily at higher revs) that the air fuel mixture becomes too lean, so you have to get a remap to ensure the correct air/fuel ratio.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
Fish said:
so is it better to just put in a ITG panel filter at the moment??

Yes. Then get a re-map.
so get an exhaust, panel filter. then the remap, and then the induction kit and sports cat??

Reaction score
OliS said:
Steve Gunnis said:
MrD06 said:

Agreed.

Seconded! :p

Disagree .
Power wise you will lose some if the cold air feed is incorrectly fitted. I have repositioned mine a few times to get the best out of the kit and are happy with the results.

My mpg is not noticeable different, a lot of poeple seem to think the mpg is worse but what they dont realise is that they are driving around thrashing the car to listen to the induction noise using more fuel . I do the same miles to work and back every week and the economy seems the same on normal driving . It may be proven that when driven hard that it would use more fuel but thats in return for more power/torque surely ?

That said it does suffer from some heat soke in traffic but why would that matter , not like you'll want to red line it in town anyway.

Just my opinion :D

Reaction score
how can you Disagree ?

A: have you a rolling road and output graphs of fueling now you have fitted one ?

this has been proven already on 172 and 182 years ago to not work even though so called tuning companies will still sell you one.

Unless you map the air/fuel ratio right you will lost power because the airfow meter cannot cope thus knocking your fueling out.

As for heat soke, you should not get this at all with a closed carbon unit with cold air feed.

If you have a K and N open type you will get massive heat soke and you only think your going quicker because of the induction noise when infact you will be going slower.