Reaction score
Hi all can somneone recomend an eclosed induction kit for my trophy, apart from the usuall gas guzzling viper
cheers all

Reaction score
7MAT said:
jimpey said:
Hi all can somneone recomend an eclosed induction kit for my trophy, apart from the usuall gas guzzling viper
cheers all

From what I've been told the only induction kit worth looking at is the ITG Maxogen.

Agreed, it may be pricey but it is definately the best IK on the market. Only thing stopping me buying one of these is there is no cold feed to the airbox, it just takes in air from the gap between the battery and headlight. Trying to work out if this is good enough or how you could mount a cold feed to this area?

Attachments

• ITG Maxogen.jpg
    ITG Maxogen.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 554
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^

It looks like the standard renault airbox has two feeds; one pipe from just behind the battery and one pipe which runs down to the bottom of the front bumper / wheel arch which I understand is controlled by a valve and only opens mid way through the rev range to assit with low down torque?

The ITG Maxogen looks like a nice piece of kit and has been recommended to me many times, most recently by Mark Fish.

What all the aftermarket air-intakes for the 182 have in common is that recommend to remove the valve unit, providing maximum air-flow throughout the rev range.

I believe that simular results could be achieved by removing the valve and replacing the std air pipe with a larger diameter unit using the std Renault air-box with a replacement panel filter ie ITG or K&N etc.

If I get time next weekend I might give it a go.

Reaction score
so thats what that thing is......was wondering all this time...i couldnt see a diaphragm blocking the holw when i was in there. bit of a shit to remove though...

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
7MAT said:
^^^^^^^^^^

It looks like the standard renault airbox has two feeds; one pipe from just behind the battery and one pipe which runs down to the bottom of the front bumper / wheel arch which I understand is controlled by a valve and only opens mid way through the rev range to assit with low down torque?

If I get time next weekend I might give it a go.

Could that be a the reason for the 5k power surge, saw a thread last week where they were trying to figure out why some have a kick and some have a progressive surge.

Could be down a slightly restrictive lower air intake - due to manufacture or placement/fitment during assembly??????