Reaction score
im thinking about getting a 182, so wy should i get a Trophy?

Symon

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
depends on what your looking for. the trophy only really pushes the boundaries that bit further, the 182 ff or cup versions are still very capable and if the budget is tight will save you enough for some nice upgrades.

The only real performance differences is the suspension set-up, the dampers are in a different league entirely to the oem ones on the 182 but engine and chassis etc are the same.

Reaction score
Don't get one then :lol:

It has enough of the 182 FF's gadgets and is the better car performance wise and looks better with better seats!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
And its better as we have a forum dedicated to the little tomato cars!

Does that class as a good enough reason!? :roll:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
You can get a very good example for a very good price at the min.

Reaction score
I've had a FF 182 and now a Trophy and you question realy got me thinking.

The best answer I can give is that the 182 was a great car that I never regretted buying and caused me to smile every time I drove it, but the Trophy is the first car that causes me to smile when I drive it, wash it, walk past it on my drive, see another one on the road, etc...

Just something about them.

Reaction score
obi182 said:
I've had a FF 182 and now a Trophy and you question realy got me thinking.

The best answer I can give is that the 182 was a great car that I never regretted buying and caused me to smile every time I drove it, but the Trophy is the first car that causes me to smile when I drive it, wash it, walk past it on my drive, see another one on the road, etc...

Just something about them.

I 100% agree with you! There really is something about them...

Reaction score
Just think how you will feel in your Full Fat 182 when a Trophy drives past?

You will always wonder what it would have been like?

Reaction score
I've owned both. The Trophy is just a better ownership proposition. Drives better, looks nicer, and feels more special being a ltd edition. Does depend what you're going to be using the car for though. If it's an everyday road car, I'd go for another Trophy. If it's a serious track car I'd get a cheaper 182/172 and modify it.

Reaction score
In understanding the true value of buying a Trophy over a standard 182, I think the most important question is this. When was the last time you drove 100 miles on a challenging, twisting road, or perhaps more importantly, how often will you drive on a challenging, twisting road? If the answer is "Not very often" then a 182 FF will fulfill the criteria admirably.

It is only when you find that snaking A/B road that the Trophy is quite simply in a different class to a 182; despite the protestations of 182 owners i'm sure; hey they're still better than 90% of the cars on the road. Though the Trophy has a level of composure at speed that defies believe and this is essentially what defines the difference.

A recent 150+ mile run on the staggering A470 from North to South Wales, more than justified the extra outlay for the Trophy for me. It inspires a level of confidence that many manufactures can only dream of instilling in their cars. As Chris Harris said "What a car. What a bargain."