Illegal Downloads

Reaction score
There is an inherent problem with trying to prevent people downloading music and films they haven't paid for if producers won't let you purchase because of territorial reasons.

As far as I am aware the Internet is a global network of networks that has no barriers - it's pervasive and instrinsically links all those connected to it regardless of race, creed or shoe size.

Therefore to prevent the sale of something that is essentially an assortment of 1s and 0s on a server somewhere because of something as outdated as a political border is insane. And it will encourage people to illegally download if there is no alternative.

The amount of money I have given to iTunes and Beatport could fund the cure for AIDS. But if I am told because I live in the UK I cannot have the tune I like then sorry, but f**k you I'll have it anyway and you won't benefit financially for your creative efforts.

Rant over.

Reaction score
I know how you feel mate.

I use Beatport a lot and it bloody annoys me when I can't download a track due to the restrictions. At the end of the day I can't understand why the record label/site won't sell the track to people from certain locations they release them to sell as many as possible!

I can understand if there is a temporally restriction but not permanent!

Ajr

Reaction score
I get beatport track packs from one of my mates :shock:

The amount i've spent in the past on records is insane, these days i can't be arsed to drive/get train up to london just to buy some up to date records, i try and buy as much as possible on beatport but it's not always possible.