DC5?
DC2?
Williams?
205 GTI? (Me)
230/255 V6?
Elise?
Golf GTI?
Mini Cooper S Works?

Or what are you driving instead, and why not a Trophy?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Black/gold 182 was what i was after, but elise have now come within price range.

Reaction score
Honda Civic type R, was my first choice but honda mess me about so much that I got the Trophy and haven't looked back.

What is more of a concern is what car to get after the Trophy......

Reaction score
The 230 R26 is a great looking car, equally, have noted that V6 looks darn fine but a tad too scary I think, Elise would be pretty fine but totally impractical, my vote's with the 230 R26 :D

Reaction score
Yes i'm ducks butt on here, but i can't remember my password so I though F&&K it and i'll create a new profile. I've PMd Nik but no reply yet so i've just got to wait.

Reaction score
330ci or Exige as a stepping stone to finding the right 911.

O.

Reaction score
Yes i'm ducks butt on here, but i can't remember my password so I though F&&K it and i'll create a new profile. I've PMd Nik but no reply yet so i've just got to wait.

Cheers Steve!!!!!

Reaction score
ducks butt said:
Stuart said:

Cheers Steve!!!!!

You're welcome, if only you'd asked, I'm not God for no reason you know.

Congrats Stu - 700 posts!

Reaction score
You'll always be god in my eyes......except when you get drunk haha

Only 430 new threads since my last visit....good job its crap outside, i think i'll be here for a while.

Max

Reaction score
Was about 2k off buying an Elise mk1 a few years ago but I did the sensible thing and bought a house instead. Turns out it was a better investment 8) . Next fling will be a cheap auction car and a manic Westfield or Caterham. :eek:

Reaction score
Probably still my old 172FF or 'upgraded' to a 182FF with Recaros and both packs.
Back home now, the Trophy doesn't exist so we'll have to see!

Reaction score
Max said:
Was about 2k off buying an Elise mk1 a few years ago but I did the sensible thing and bought a house instead. Turns out it was a better investment 8) . Next fling will be a cheap auction car and a manic Westfield or Caterham. :eek:

I have a caterham that I am looking to sell to buy a Trophy.

Details in brief:

1990 Dedion crossflow
Red with black leather
135bhp, 560kg
5 speed
Fresh yoko 48's
Will have 12k service

It will always be worth £8.5k, at this level they dont depreciate. Unless you do a load of mile sin it, of course....

I can send more spec and pictures if you want?

cheers
D

Reaction score
Cue said:
oliie said:
330ci or Exige as a stepping stone to finding the right 911.

O.

my choice also, oliie you read my mind. Except I'd give an M3 a go also possibly.

Hehehe... great minds think alike!

Only thing with an M3 is that it is too close to a 330ci for me to justify... so I'd much rather spend the extra on finding the right 911.

But hey, they're not exactly chalk and cheese! It gets to a very fine balancing act at this spectrum of the car range...

O.

Reaction score
I've been looking at Integras all day, there are so many nice DC2's and DC5's on pistonheads alone, was also looking at Skylines and M5's, can be had for the same money! Insurance, petrol, servicing etc. etc. There is some serious machinery out there for under £15K, even with your sensible hat on, there are some dangerous temptations.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
I've been looking at Integras all day, there are so many nice DC2's and DC5's on pistonheads alone, was also looking at Skylines and M5's, can be had for the same money! Insurance, petrol, servicing etc. etc. There is some serious machinery out there for under £15K, even with your sensible hat on, there are some dangerous temptations.

M5 is very very tempting too. I'd have to remove the fuel gauge though! ;)

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Steve Gunnis said:

M5 is very very tempting too. I'd have to remove the fuel gauge though! ;)

O.

On a drive across London one morning I was behind a Blue E39 (400bhp V8 one), it's such a beautifully elegant, understated car but with such devastating performance, he turned left and put his foot down, such a fabulous noise, that Germanic V8 growl, about 20 minutes later I was going through the underpass into Canary Wharf and I heard an awful cacophony behind, then was overtaken by a silver E60 M5 (501bhp V10 one), it sounded like a turbodiesel being taken uncomfortably up to it's redline, horrible and ugly as sin. If someone gave me a new M5, I would sell it, buy an E39 and put the rest towards the deposit of my new house!

I love E39 M5's, if I had to have a big car, this would be it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrbvNNUKrA
This is awesome, if you didn't want one before, you will now...