Reaction score
I have to say that the red paint is one of the most unappealing things about Trophy ownership for me, i understand colour choice is a very personal thing - so some people will love the red paint - but for me, if the car was made available in another colour or two - i probably wouldnt choose red. I guess its something i'll learn to live with though. I always said that even i was lucky enough to own a Ferrari one day it wouldnt be a red one ;)

So my question is - if it wasnt red what colour would you like it to be?

For me it would probably be something like steel grey (BMW) or dark silver(MIN) - or the grey colour of the M3 CSL.....

Reaction score
It would be blue or black for me......but I really want a 255 V6 in liquid yellow!

Reaction score
Have you posted in the Owner's Register?

I like the red, it's grown on me, but If I had the choice before ownership, I would choose white, because it suits hot hatches. An absolute fecker to keep clean though. I wouldn't choose silver, even dark silver because it's too common, I passed a silver 182 yesterday and didn't even realise it was a sport clio until I was right next to it, just boring.

I like the Black Gold 182's too, although I'm glad the Trophy is red, it suits it's nature. :D

Reaction score
If it wasnt red... i probably wouldn't have bought it.

Suits it perfectly .

But i guess blue or black if red wasn't on the option list.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i like the red - if i'd have chosen the colour though i'd have gone for something a little more understated like.... black or white - having seen some 182's in black i kind of like it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Was going to buy black black/gold before i saw this

Attachments

• DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 757
Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
Have you posted in the Owner's Register?

I like the red, it's grown on me, but If I had the choice before ownership, I would choose white, because it suits hot hatches. An absolute fecker to keep clean though. I wouldn't choose silver, even dark silver because it's too common, I passed a silver 182 yesterday and didn't even realise it was a sport clio until I was right next to it, just boring.

I like the Black Gold 182's too, although I'm glad the Trophy is red, it suits it's nature. :D

Still not an owner i'm afraid Steve - hopefully within the next couple of weeks tho - if i can locate the 'right' car. Viewed one at the weekend which was described as showroom condition but unfortunately was nowhere near it - more details on that amusing story to follow later possibly.

I just think the 182 would suit the dark grey - wonder if anyone could photoshop one to see what it would look like.

Black Gold is a stunning colour - especially when the sun is out (another fecker to keep clean tho), i previously had a 182 in Black Gold. Its amazing the amount of people who think that the 'gold' part is just part of the name without realising it has gold flecks throughout the paintwork.

Reaction score
White. Certainly a colour to distinguish the car. If French Racing Blue hadn't been used on the Cup that would have been good. they could have even bunged Gordini a few quid and resurrected the name. Clio Gordini has a great ring to it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
^^^^^^^^^^where's the splitter?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not sure, this pic was on my phone for over a year and i only noticed when i put it on here. I assume it was in the boot waiting to fit before the customer picked it up it still has all the poly blocks on. :?

Reaction score
fazedesign said:

Like this...
normal_clio_cup_white.jpg

Reaction score
I am big fan of the red, especailly with the anthracite wheels, but if the Trophy had been available in a dark metallic blue then I would have gone for it. Would have had to have been a unique blue though, not the Racing or Petrol blues that were available for the 182.

Like artdealers idea about the Gordini name, would have added something extra to the limited edition factor. Trophy is kind of a nothing name, it doesn't really evoke any emotions in me, glad to say that the car certainly does! :D

Day

Reaction score
I always said that if they made them in tungsten silver I would of bought one at full price.

Reaction score
yep should have been a more bold colour...take the orange focus ST for example...you can spot them a mile off !! personally i like the idea of white with the same wheels and same red trophy graphics...
hindsight is a wonderfull thing...