Reaction score
Hi, wondering if anyone can give me a definate answer to this please;

Engine OFF - Battery at 12.5v Battery is fine.
Engine ON - Battery at 14.4v Alternator fine.
Electrics on (lights etc) or cold start - Revs drop and stalls, or drops to 300rpm lights dimm and battery crashes to 11v
but if I rev returns to 14v.

It seems like theres a delay in the automatic choke as if i slowly lower the revs it starts to splutter then auto choke kicks in and its ok, but if done quickly (ie changing gear/pulling up) engine stalls.

Whats my problem? im thinking choke,,, please correct me if you think im wrong!

Shotla

Reaction score
More on this battery, when at idle and you load the car up with lights, wipers and heating you say it crashes to 11v on charge rate? Also im guessing this is on a 182, as seen your post on the rs192?!

It sounds to me like a possible alternator issue. Does the light come on the dash when charge rate drops to 11v? If so i would certainly check the exciter wire to the alternator.

I would say in short check connections to alternator first, failing that check the engine earths make sure your connections are clean, i know these 182's do suffer with alternator issues but you can always have a word with renault or post up something on clio sport site.

The thing you mention about auto choke if its a 182 this don't exist the ignition is timed along side readings from engine temp sensor, lambda's etc, this then is sent via the ecu and corrected so the injectors output the correct fuel to air ratio and ignition timing is controlled via the ecu too. This stalling issue when moving may flag up a fault code so its worth putting a diagnostic on it and just checking to see what faults are in the system, it may even show if its got a short or open circuit somewhere.