Reaction score
I was given a spare Exalto for xmas (thanks Dad!), my plan being to have a spare to take to a tyre guy if I need a new one after a puncture.

When returning home today I was surprised how neatly it fitted on the floor of the boot, and this got me thinking.

:idea: :idea: :idea:

I'm not too bothered about the weight penalty of carrying a spare wheel, and given that I've kerbed one of my wheels :oops: why not get another matching wheel for my birthday in March. The lanes round here are a puncture waiting to happen.

So short of having to search through old threads:

WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO BUY ANOTHER WHEEL?

(Don't say ebay, I don't want the aggro of hunting)

Haven't I read that, like the seats, they're available off the shelf from somewhere like Demon Tweeks? How much are we talking?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
look on Clio sport - there is always a couple going. Make sure though that they are Trophy wheels and not refurbed Cup wheels the ET is different.

If they dont say Speedline stay clear.

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I carry my spare in the boot at all times. Unless you need to carry a shit load of kit in the boot then you will hardly notice it's there.

I got mine from ebay with an almost new Exalto, very good price!

Reaction score
QVC has a tyre sealant that you put in the tyre even if its not punctured and when you do get a puncture it becomes self sealing. Not sure of the effectiveness of it but seemed like they had a lot of satisfied customers.

Reaction score
richyboy123 said:
QVC has a tyre sealant that you put in the tyre even if its not punctured and when you do get a puncture it becomes self sealing. Not sure of the effectiveness of it but seemed like they had a lot of satisfied customers.

Any use of the foam sealant will usually mean not only a new tyre but also a wheel as the goo is awful. Most garages wont touch them.
I would never use the foam, hence a spare alloy & tyre.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
richyboy123 said:
WARNING - I really really advise against this type of sealant in anything that you want to drive quickly in.....

up above 60 mph centrifugal force causes the liquid to act like water and almost act like a brick centralised in one part of the tyre - this causes major handling issues and vibrations, this will hurt the suspension and really piss you off!!!!!!

I put some in the M3 and had to buy 4 new tyres 2 weeks later!!!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
richyboy123 said:
WARNING - I really really advise against this type of sealant in anything that you want to drive quickly in.....

up above 60 mph centrifugal force causes the liquid to act like water and almost act like a brick centralised in one part of the tyre - this causes major handling issues and vibrations, this will hurt the suspension and really **** you off!!!!!!

Always good to read the instructions first, i think they recommend a max of 25 miles and not much faster :lol:

Reaction score
It must be really cohesive to stick together in one lump and not flatten out over the inside of the tyre. CentriPETAL acceleration of the substance would tend to make it flatten out as much as possible, more likely to congeal into one lump if the car is stationary for a long period, then it might find it hard to break apart again. Only speculation though, personally I'd change a tyre after a flat, the way I take corners.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hoolio said:
Cue said:
richyboy123 said:

up above 60 mph centrifugal force causes the liquid to act like water and almost act like a brick centralised in one part of the tyre - this causes major handling issues and vibrations, this will hurt the suspension and really **** you off!!!!!!

Always good to read the instructions first, i think they recommend a max of 25 miles and not much faster :lol:

Cue i'll take that back, i went back and read the can, it's a little confusing but it seems that those instructions are for the first few miles only :oops: :oops: :oops:

Reaction score
Cue said:
richyboy123 said:

Thanks. That is nice to know because I was just about to order some of the stuff for my brother who keeps getting punctures due to being a totally crap driver.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
just to be clear - i'm NOT talking about the puncture repair can that reno provide.... I'm on about the liquid puncture prevention stuff that you can buy.... it seals punctures before you know you've got one.

Reaction score
It was the Reno one I was interested in, was wondering if anybody has had to use this yet? and if so is it really so bad to get out afterwards?