Reaction score
ive heard this is going to cost somewhere between the 30k-40k mark. its just not worth that, looks like its driven in a halfords shop and all the bits got stuck to it, (gotta love clarkson dvds). think itl be fast round tracks but might be too raw for british roads. think its gunna have to be compared to something like a r26r and even the renault can do all the things that the mugen can for nearly half the price

Reaction score
I agree too, it looks awful and won't be as capable as the Trophy / R26 R.

I still love my Trophy here :wink:

Reaction score
the only thing I liked about the car from that video was the sound it made. Sounded like usual 9000rpm vtec :)

Other than that I think it looks really top heavy and like it shouldn't be on the track at all, not to mention the nasty bits of bodywork poking out in the wrong places.

I'm sure it will handle well and be pretty quick but it just doesn't look right. I'd put money on it selling fast though! :wink:

Reaction score
Christ I would want 300bhp+ for over £30k. If you had that money to spend you would be a monumental divvy to spend it on a civic.

Then again, £28k for a V6 engined Clio was also a bit nuts at the time...

Reaction score
if i was going to sell my trophy for something quicker id be thinking along the lines of a nissan pulsar, which ever way u want to look at it...for alot less money if your looking for something good on track or off track theres alot better options and this is purely an example, i like my trophy for what it is im sure theres plenty faster cars but thats not what its all about.

Reaction score
That rear spoiler looks absolutely ludicrous. I don't care whether it's functional or not either. You'd need your head checked if you spent 30-40k on a Type R!

Reaction score
Still won't be as good as the FD2 equivalent imo.
The front wings are a nice addition, but the dash & arse of the car are still a mess.

Why not purchase a really clean Pre-face lift DC5 & spend 5K on it & it would disappear from this & still look fantastic.

Reaction score
Imo it'll be just as capable as an FD-2 or an R26-R. I think it'll have a better ride than the FD-2 as it's a UK spec car while the FD is speced for Jap roads. Feel etc will be better too I think.

I must admit the styling is very 'rice boy' but that's what you get with a Type R. Isn't it?

Ofcourse I was exagerating in my OP about my Trophy. I still love it and only plan to replace it with the next Trophy/R27-R. Or maybe one of these Type-Rs. :lol:

Reaction score
tallandy said:
No doubt it will be an AMAZING car but do you not think it looks a bit chav, boy racer? :lol:

Indeed it will be AMAZING and yes I think it does look a bit chav, boy racer.

Reaction score
ben182trophy said:
ive heard this is going to cost somewhere between the 30k-40k mark. its just not worth that, looks like its driven in a halfords shop and all the bits got stuck to it, (gotta love clarkson dvds). think itl be fast round tracks but might be too raw for british roads. think its gunna have to be compared to something like a r26r and even the renault can do all the things that the mugen can for nearly half the price

It'll be closer to £30k. Worth it for some as it can compete against the other ricers like the Evos and Subarus if it wants to (I know which one I'd pick). Plus I've been quoted upto 28k for an R26-R anyway so a couple more grand for the Type-R is ok. I'd guesstimate it'll be around 28k-30k. The R26-R isn't nearly half the price of the Type R.

It's final testing will be here in the UK and it'll be set up for UK roads.

Reaction score
wlshyd182 said:
Christ I would want 300bhp+ for over £30k. If you had that money to spend you would be a monumental divvy to spend it on a civic.

Then again, £28k for a V6 engined Clio was also a bit nuts at the time...

I know what you mean but Hondas' engineers are very snobby about their cars. Look at their NSX-R for example, All that modifying over a standard NSX but still only 280bhp. Heck even the standard NSX should have more bhp for its price of 70k! But not in their minds.

Nobody can really argue with Hondas' engineers because they believe in their snobby minds that they're always right and others are wrong. A bit like Ferraris' engineers. Nice. :wink:

Reaction score
It looks like a red devil! :twisted: 30K for a civy I mean come on jesus christ! Its just like paying 30K for a focus RS its still a focus! lol

Reaction score
asim said:
I know what you mean but Hondas' engineers are very snobby about their cars. Look at their NSX-R for example, All that modifying over a standard NSX but still only 280bhp. Heck even the standard NSX should have more bhp for its price of 70k! But not in their minds.

Nobody can really argue with Hondas' engineers because they believe in their snobby minds that they're always right and others are wrong. A bit like Ferraris' engineers. Nice. :wink:

Isn't that a bit like the Trophy to a normal 182 though? The NSX-R has the same power but it's more expensive, it's all those little things they do to make the car that bit special and to warrant the extra cost.

Still though, it was 70k, a damn sight less than Ferrari were charging for their 360 and the NSX is more capable :wink: