Reaction score
Went for a back road blast last night and a lovely badger seem to take a liking to the front of no 190 :( Not too much damage considering it like hitting a small brick wall, new from splitter (again) seems to have bronen the front part of the passenger side wheel arch liner and there is some kinda cable hanging down?? its in a shroud.. seems to be broken off clean but the fogs are stil working....any ideas ?? As annoyed as i am it could of been a lot worse [-o<

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
could be the breather pipe for the battery - that's around the passenger wheel arch area - how large is the pipe, if it's wider than a couple of mm's then it could be inlet related as the pipes for CAF's are around there also.

Reaction score
Not had chance to look yet, its not stopped raining all morning. Trying to track down parts is a nightmare.. renault are the usual pants down and we will rape you expensive!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
there's an offer on the k-tec carbon splitters over on cliosport at the moment - £89, better looking than the oem, lighter and cheaper.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
there's an offer on the k-tec carbon splitters over on cliosport at the moment - £89, better looking than the oem, lighter and cheaper.

Both the exhausts and splitters were limited quantities and have now gone.

But even at full price is still cheaper than the Reno one and looks great, got mine this morning.
There is actually one for sale over on CS by graham 172 (also on here as that)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Devastated Mate!
I had a similar occurence in my 1.2 clio on some back roads, only I swerved to miss 2 rabbits, (which no one believes) then spun the car round, hit a hedge backwards, the front end lifted up then bent both struts and snapped the radiator clean off when it came down. Oh and the front bumper cracked in a lot of places. It was really wet and the back end just spun out! I was gutted, Cost me £80 to get it towed. £100 per strut and about £400 in other repairs. Good job they wernt Sachs,lol #-o

Reaction score
yer it a natural to try and avoid them but sometimes its just better to hit it and see what happens.... #-o

Reaction score
Hopefully you get it sorted. I know you've got to sort things out, but it also sounds like you've been lucky, those badges are pure evil, real car killers. When my dad's wife hit one it was a full bumper replacement. The only advantage from that was that she got a new Renault Laguna splitter that some scrote had once decided would look better on their nova.

Reaction score
Looks like ill be heading for a CF splitter and then robbing renault for the liner... no price on making her mint again i guess :)

Reaction score
similar thing happened to me in my first 182 (not a trophy, but FF182)

whacked a badger and ended up smashing off half of the splitter
luckily no other damage, but the sounds i heard (bones crunching?) as it went under the car, totally sickening!!!

i think i only hit it, as first instinct when i saw it, was to brake hard in hope it would have moved out of the way before id reached it.

was a mistake, as front of the car dipped down quite a bit on very hard braking, and that was around the time of impact!

had realised just before the moment of impact, the reason it didnt move anywhere, was because it was already dead before i hit it!!!

if id sped up, i might have missed it (if the front end of the car raised up a little, instead of dipping down!!!) :D

you only get a few split seconds to make your mind up when these things happen, just be glad it wasnt worse!!! :)