Reaction score
I can't seem to stop running into issues with my car this week.

Right, successfully swapped the stalk without too much hassle. Then reconnected the battery and the stereo asked for a code... which it appears i dont have anyway in any of the 5 or so books, guides and manuals that renault provide. Now the stereo just says "error" on it.

any bright ideas or will i have to pay through the nose on monday at a dealership and just drive around in silence until then!

Cheers,

Reaction score
The code should be on a sticker in the inside cover of the service book - done the same thing myself !.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you didn't need to diconect the battery to change the stalk..... the circuit is only open on the wipers when the ignition is on. the code as had been said is in the front of the manual i think... a reno steeler should be able to help over the phone...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There is no need to disconnect the battery when doing the wiper mod, i was always under the impression that this would wipe any re-map, ie that the computer would reboot to it's default setting (could be wrong though)

Cue you beat me to it.

Reaction score
Cue said:
you didn't need to diconect the battery to change the stalk..... the circuit is only open on the wipers when the ignition is on. the code as had been said is in the front of the manual i think... a reno steeler should be able to help over the phone...

D'oh - in the guide it said to do so!

I seem to have the only manual without the stereo code written in it! It definitely is not there.

Reaction score
mine did this a while back...
my sticker with the radio code is on the inside cover of the service shedule book, the vin numbers and various othe codes are on the sticker too...should be a 4 figure number...