Reaction score
Yeh, all the guys on the DC5 forum are fuming, saying that the DC5 driver wasn't using all the revs like the Civic driver clearly was and had crap lines. You can't refute the fact that the JDM Civic is stupidly good through the corners though, it turns in later and on a tighter radius than the NSX and actually gains on it, incredible. If it was an NSX-R with a driver that's not scared of overtaking on the straights, it'd be bye-bye Civic I think.

Reaction score
Yeah if the nsx boy had the minerals he could have took the civic a lot earlier. However, that civic looks awesome, in the corners and on the straights and seems to just rev for fun was he going over 9000rpm?

Reaction score
Steve said:
Yeh, all the guys on the DC5 forum are fuming, saying that the DC5 driver wasn't using all the revs like the Civic driver clearly was and had crap lines. You can't refute the fact that the JDM Civic is stupidly good through the corners though, it turns in later and on a tighter radius than the NSX and actually gains on it, incredible. If it was an NSX-R with a driver that's not scared of overtaking on the straights, it'd be bye-bye Civic I think.

The DC5 driver isn't using all the rev range Steve :evil:
No getting away from the fact the FD2 is a cracking car & I have no doubt it'll be quicker than a DC5 anywhere, but thats not a fair comparison when the DC5 driver could be working for Miss. Daisy.

Reaction score
Back to topic - iirc in BTCC the RWD cars carry a greater weight penalty than the FWD to get some degree of parity.

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
Are the BMWs the only rwd cars in BTCC George?

Nope, there is a team running Lexus IS200's although the 3 series are the only RWD cars that have undergone proper development.

Reaction score
It's true, the RWD cars do have a weight penalty, true to real-life, obviously RWD is more advantageous in a race car, I just thought that vid was awesome as it showed how a FWD saloon can outpace a RWD sports car (like the 350Z) with more power around the track. It's more a case of brilliant engineering getting around a fundamental flaw, like the 911.

Spacemonkey - I agree with you about him not using the revs but it still would have come last out of that lot I think, they should have put a DC2 in the test too, then the DC5 boys would feel happier. The DC2 driver would be feeling more of the track and having more fun though. :wink:

Reaction score
Steve said:
Spacemonkey - I agree with you about him not using the revs but it still would have come last out of that lot I think, they should have put a DC2 in the test too, then the DC5 boys would feel happier. The DC2 driver would be feeling more of the track and having more fun though. :wink:

I disagree Steve, but we'll leave it there :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
shows what the car is capable of, the 350Z was quicker when it had a clear track - best lap time was faster but still, it's got 1.5 litres more and 100+ BHP more hasn't it?

just shows how advanced the NSX was when it was launched - Senna did a great job honing that. It still rules the roost 17 years after it was launched.

Reaction score
No-one should feel the need to feel sorry for an NSX, 17 years old or not - it punches well above it's weight, even with the latest breed, demolishes an M6 for instance;

http://www.honda-portal.com/honda-video ... ideo_id=76

Which is precisely why I'm so impressed with the FD2, it's a brand new car that can be had for £22K after all. Saying that, an Impreza WRX 270GB is only £23K and would probably demolish the FD2.

Reaction score
New impreza 270 is very nice - as I said in other thread not too keen on paying 22 when it only costs 14 in native country.

Tight northern folk!!

Between the two as much as I do like the civic, the white paint and edgey styling if I had the money I d go for impreza.