Reaction score
Cat D Trophy??

I,m in the middle of trying to sell my Leon Cupra and looking to buy a Trophy,thought my car was sold last week through Ebay but the guy buying mine could not sell his car SO WHY BID ON MINE :?

Right how much would be a good price to buy a cat D Trophy,it looks mint and been repaired to a good standard.

Or save up more money or px mine againts one at a garage??

Any comments welcome :)

Reaction score
I'd get a mint one on 23k instead!! :wink:

Seriously I would not want a cat d on any car especially a trophy! Also what you save now you will only loose when you sell!

Reaction score
The car im on about is not the one on Ebay its another..... I would be using the car for sprints and trackdays...........

He wants 4.2k but i think its to much as if i come to sell in the future i would take a hit on it............

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well it's all relative isn't it, you will probably take a greater hit on a £7k car than a £4k one. It really depends on the damage and how much you can varify it and prove it in the future.

Reaction score
Don't get a recorded car, no one will ever buy it off you.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Maybe break and sell the bits?
Seats and suspensions alone will see you about £1500...
Depends where the damage is i spose..

Reaction score
More trouble than it's worth. Plus I'd be worried about the integrity of the car, even if it was superficial damage, using a crashed car on track?- no thanks. I wouldn't put my personal safety at risk. Why not just but something else? There's thousands of good track cars for sale. Why not buy a 172/182 cup and put coil overs on it? Would be cheaper and the end result would be equally as good.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys.I m going to stay away from it now,I want a trophy see if my sells if not there's alway px and put some money towards one.

Reaction score
Chris off here used to have a cat D trophy (400bhp i think he was called) He only used it for track days - so wasn't bothered in the sell on part later. Drove it on the road to get there but was really a track day car. If your main purpose is to do a similar thing - I would go for it. But if its going to be a 'normal' everyday road car its a tough one! If you have pics of the damage before and what was done etc.... Like might had had a new bumper, bonnet, head light and had very minor damage I would go for one. I looked at a mk5 golf GTI had 10k on the clock but was cat D had very minor damage to bonnet,wing, alloy and headlight but was only £9500 had pics to prove damage and everything! I was very tempted until it sold! :lol:

Reaction score
Only cat car I'd buy is an older car with paint damage. But then it's always proving what the damage was to get it recorded.