Reaction score
So how long do you plan on keeping it (meaning Trophies but anyone is welcome) all being well?

A car you're going to keep 'forever'?

Keep for a long time?

Planning on changing?

A stop gap?

No idea?

I have to say I've thought about changing my car in the recent past but little can get near the pesky Clio. Handles well, goes well, but dissapointingly little potential in big power gains... Looking past that I can see me keeping the Clio for a long time as I think it's an excellent all rounder.

keo

Reaction score
am not sure, the trophy does everything well realy which i look for in a car. Handles well, goes well, looks good and is rare. But i am thinking about getting a VX220T next year. Going atleast keep the trophy for a year i would of thought, but i have had 5 cars in the last 12 months so i do change my mind alot lol

Reaction score
My old 172 cup - I was planning keeping it a year and moving on..... just over 2.5 years later I sold it! wish I never did now but hey! it led me to the trophy. I am thinking of selling up maybe after summer, but with buying a house and having plans for kitchen, bathroom, garage etc... it may stay slightly longer.... Plus a guy who lives near by had a good nosey around and said I have seen these in EVO and they ALWAYS get good right ups! :D

Reaction score
Forever!
Once i have the cash i plan on a full referb of the car, engine, interior, wheels, respray the lot. Including a Turbo i think. Now i realise thats going to cost 10k but it will be like a new car, and how much would a car cost that goes like a Trophy new in a few years???? Probably talking 20k so a rebuild will be half price, :D .

Wont be for a few years yet till i have paid my debts off but as soon as i have..........

Bring on 2013, :lol:

Reaction score
I would love to get an evo 8 but cannot justify the fuel and running costs. Power and speed would obviosuly be much greater but I can't see the fun factor increasing that much. I'm basing that on a quick drive I had in a mates 280bhp scooby.

Plus just had belts and dampers done so want to get my moneys worth out of it and it still puts a huge grin on my face everytime I drive it!

I have had it a year almost and can see myself keeping it for another year yet. Especially how well they are holding their value!

Reaction score
It will stay in my little collection forever; it's a star- punches well above its weight and makes me grin when I drive it :)

Reaction score
I've had mine since new (80k) and I think I'll keep it for another few years. I've modified it a little along the way to keep it interesting. I guess it will become a second car pretty soon and may get a bit more extreme. Only trouble is like most cars it feels a bit slow after riding a motorbike.

Reaction score
Keep thinking about this myself! I think I've decided to keep it for as long as I can, and probably turn it into a second car, then possibly some track action!!

Reaction score
I'm planning on keeping it for a while but I guess it'll stay until I either need some money for flying or a house or I start to physically need an Exige. =P~

Reaction score
It's mine and the Trophy's 5 year anniversary this year :D and theres nothing out there that really sways me away from it.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
mine's going to be with me until one of us goes to the garage in the sky.... either it'll be wrote off or I'll kick the bucket... it's a second car again now and the main one will be moved on at regular intervals.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have been planning on selling mine later this year. I've pretty much decided im going to buy/build a track car and I really dont want to spoil a future classic by track prepairing it. I just think the Trophy is too special to be stripping it down and changing parts until it is effectively not a Trophy anymore. It makes sense to sell up and buy a 172 Cup.

Somehow I cant actually bring myself to sell it :)
The last 2 years of ownership have been brilliant, I've loved every mile and I cant think of another car I would like to replace it with.

Maybe I'll keep it :D :?:

Ben

Jay

Reaction score
Was supposed to be forever but buying a 200 last weekend changed all that. Sold it to a guy called Dave off cliosport on Tuesday who should be collecting it within the next week, so I've managed to keep it for 2.5 years. The longest I've ever had a car and it will be missed but time to move on.

Ash

Reaction score
No plans on selling trophy,have had it since new, too much fun on the road and track, only done 28,000 miles so plenty to go.

Had my previous renault 5 GTT for 10 years however it did get rather fragile in the end. Trophy build is a lot better and owning the car from new it has been well cared for with the anticipation of long ownership.

Ash

Reaction score
No plans on selling trophy,have had it since new, too much fun on the road and track, only done 28,000 miles so plenty to go.

Had my previous renault 5 GTT for 10 years however it did get rather fragile in the end. Trophy build is a lot better and owning the car from new it has been well cared for with the anticipation of long ownership.

Reaction score
At least another 3 years for me as planning a wedding so no spending on a new car for a while! At that time it will probably have about 35k on it!!

If I could afford to I would keep it forever!!

Reaction score
very sexy car and in my opinion the new clios aint as good looking and will carry on looking worse with every new model they bring out

yes the new ones will get quicker and quicker but i dont have the driving ability to find those seconds which the new ones are quicker by

keeping mines for a very long time, what ever breaks or gets tired will be renewed

Reaction score
Trophy No.
3 years / til it dies.
I want to be sensible with it.. so I'll probly run in into the ground.
BUT I do fancy something 4/rwd for a change. Quite fancy a 350z tbh.. :)

Reaction score
Was in a 370Z a couple of weeks back, on a trackday, it was really impressive!!! so I'd bet a 350 would be a fantastic drive.