Reaction score
Not figuratively, but literally
With the new owner of 137 having a bit of a trek it reminded me of taking the train from Watford, into London and then up to Beverely outside Hull just to save a few hundred quid when getting mine. Think it came in around the 200 mile mark.
Surely some others have gone further than that?

Reaction score
Drove about 2 miles up the road, walked into a renault showroom and test drove a 182 cup, wanted it in yellow or petrol blue/green without having to pay over a grand for the paint job, they said no chance sunshine, walked back out.

Showroom phone me the next day and say "Have a took at this Renault website and click on the red clio, I can get you this one at a good price." Ryan takes a look at the webiste, looks at the car and pulls out the visa card.

Job Done!

Reaction score
About 5 miles from work.
Had just popped into Holdcrofts in Crewe for a light bulb for the 182 cup and came out with a Trophy..... well not literally - but had put down the deposit.

Reaction score
From Worcester to Littlehampton to see Steve at allvehicles was about a 350mile return drive but well worth it!
Wasn't many Trophy's around when I was looking which made the journey a little easier.

Reaction score
From Worthing to Littlehampton to see Steve at allvehicles was about a 14mile return drive but well worth it!
Only went for a test drive to prove to myself that no modern car could compete with my 205 GTI. Whoops. What does it say on that loan leaflet? 5.9%?

Reaction score
Travelled to South Mimms from Romford - about a half hr drive although in Traffic I was scared stiff we'd be late!!!!! :? 7

Was taken out for a test drive of over an hour in length - fabulous (although my insurance didn't cover me to drive - 1 hr passenger seat ride :roll: ) and from that experience I was hooked, deposit was down and I was back in Luton within 5days to pick the car up, having never driven it myself. :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Halifax to Blackpool, didn't care about the distance - couple of hours drive at grandad speed on the way back though. Got one of the minions to drive me there though as they had a meeting up near cumbria, " aaah you can drop me in Blackpool then" :)

Reaction score
Had to drive up to sunny High Wycombe for mine as when I was looking to buy it was literally the only one advertised. Hence me also getting stuffed on the price as I ended up in a bidding war with 3 other buyers.

Think the timing probably had something to do with it. I literally bought it on the strength of the Evo review that came out (Oct or Nov 05 can't remember) and having had my eye on a 182 cup for a while thought 'she will be mine'.

So ended up paying a fortune for it, probably more than anyone else on the site! (£14200 whisper it) but I'm not fussed in the slightest. I wanted to experience what is universally regarded as the ultimate HH when it still worked and hadn't been thrashed for 3-5 years.

So it's cost me a fortune and will probably never return anything near to what I have spent on it, but has given me the best years driving enjoyment I'll ever have (for what I can vaguely afford) and 185 is going to be with me for a good while longer! Who said you can't buy happiness! :D

(Bit off topic, but I started off in the right direction!)

Reaction score
10 miles down the road to my local Renault garage in my dads trusty Citroen Xantia diesel.
god did i enjoy the journey back tho!!

Reaction score
Its like they were growing on trees for some of you...2 miles up the road? Do you live in a business park? :wink: :D

Reaction score
Set off from West Dorset to somewhere in Surrey only to get a message from the garage that it'd gone about 30 mins up the road. :evil: Went home and found one on the net in Southampton so went back up and bought it the same day. :twisted:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Spent about 3 hours trundling along the M25 and M4 from croydon after my local stealer offered me one for a "cash" price of £15,500 and a free tank of petrol. Ha Ha Ha how i laughed in his face.

Reaction score
Although it aint a Trophy, I was prepared to go to Chelmsford to get my 182. I live in Nottingham. Almost a three hour trip. Luckily I found one exactly the same in Leicester so not so bad in the end!

Reaction score
Had to to take days annual leave (no mean feat in itself!) and take a train 100 miles away with only a single ticket in my pocket even though I had never seen the car before hoping I would be driving it home. Have never looked back. 8)