Reaction score
can anyone tell me where about the horn is in the engine bay? i wanted to try and clean the connectors, my horn works when the car is still but only when pressed on one side of steering wheel, but when moving, it never works. its quite annoying especially if someone is rolling back towards you.

cheers.

Reaction score
From what you have posted it sounds like the connector switches under the steering wheel case between the cover and airbag. I had a similar problem and found the contacts under the steering wheel to be very dirty, gave them a clean and now works fine. And the horn is located behind the front bumper right side, you maybe able to reach it however it will be a squeeze you may have to take wheel off the access it through the wheel arch.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Rob I agree it does sound like the connection on the steering wheel but the horn is located on the LEFT passenger side in front of the front wheel arch liner. Same bracket as the acoustic valve so you can add a little rasp by removing that at the same time.

Reaction score
It's also worth trying the horn itself because where it's attatched to the bracket thats what earths it and when that bracket corrodes you get a poor earth. I had this problem with a very irregualar horn (no jokes please :lol: ) and a quick clean here with a wire brush solved the problem.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Rob I agree it does sound like the connection on the steering wheel but the horn is located on the LEFT passenger side in front of the front wheel arch liner. Same bracket as the acoustic valve so you can add a little rasp by removing that at the same time.
sorry was saying front right as you are stood at the front of the car lol