G

After owning Trophy 452, I'm pleased to be collecting Trophy 207 tomorrow. Extremely excited too! I really regretted selling the Trophy; despite having some other good cars, to me none of them were as special. What's changed in the world of Clio Trophys since I've been away (sold in December '07)? Now they're all five years old, I guess it's cam belt time (my new car needs this doing), and I keep seeing things about damper rebuilds - what kind of mileage is this recommended to be done at? I've already ordered a set of the official Renaultsport mats, which weren't available last time I owned a Trophy (a vast improvement over the standard grey ones I had last time!). Have also ordered an ITG panel filter and Philips Silver Vision bulbs for the indicators, just like I had before! Excited! :D

Anyone remember me? Need to have a look around the forum and see if I recognise any familiar names from before, or has everyone moved onto pastures new?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oh shit, put away the best silver lads. :) still a few of us left here.

Reaction score
Welcome back to the fold, still quite a few of us early/ish owners around, sometimes hiding in the woodwork!

Hope that your new T rejuvenates all of the old memories, as you hope.

Reaction score
did you move onto a R26R iirc? and then onto a 197? (might have the car history slightly wrong but welcome back!)

G

Thanks for the welcome back, guys! Have just got home after the long drive back to Essex from Cheshire, and it was the perfect journey to get re-acquainted with the Trophy! I'm absolutely smitten with my purchase; it really is every bit as good as I remember. Pleased to see some of you remember the 'suspect Mini' profile pic (haha!) - I recognise some names! Wow, stalker alert, FunkyMunky! :lol: Yeah, that's right, that's me! This is my fourth Renaultsport car (2x 182 Trophy, 1x R26.R and 1x 197 Cup). I'll be posting up some pictures etc. soon. The car has been really well looked after and is in an excellent condition, but I have a couple of little bits to do to it. First are the official Renaultsport mats, ITG panel filter and Philips Silver Vision bulbs, then next are an anorak-style 'detail' and parking ding removal, service and cam belt change. Really looking forward to Trophy ownership once again - I filled up at a Shell station on the way home and, walking back toward the gleaming red car, I realised that it really is something quite special.

P.S. Love the new two time owner thing below my name. :lol:

Reaction score
What was the .R like? To many, it would be the best of the bunch?

G

In terms of sheer speed it was the best of the bunch. The corner speed was beyond anything the 182 or 197 could achieve, but for me this made it less fun on the road, where you'd have to be going very fast indeed to get anywhere near the limits of the car. I also wasn't the biggest fan of the turbocharged engine's power delivery - to me it's just not exciting as having to work for the power, as with the N/A engine in the Clios. As a sheer spectacle it was fantastic though, don't get me wrong.

Reaction score
i remember the wait you had for the R26R and you buying from the same place i bought my R27.... i'm back in my 5th Renaultsport and my 8th Clio!

Speak to Tom on Cliosport for the mats (username Wests Renault) if its the latest style ones you're after