Reaction score
Trophy No.
Gordon,

Silverstar and Nightbreaker are both made by Osram although the Philips are supposed to be pretty good as well, if you do the Powerbulbs survey you can get 20% off and it's a good service.

Reaction score
ok...NEXT QUESTION!!!!!!!

The indicator bulbs...do i need the ones with the straight pins or the ones which are at a slight angle?? I know its probs in the manual but im being lazy :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
FierceKay said:

The indicator bulbs...do i need the ones with the straight pins or the ones which are at a slight angle?? I know its probs in the manual but im being lazy :wink:

Pretty certain they have got an offset pin though i'm going to have to go and have a look to be 100%.

Reaction score
Hoolio, Ben

Many thanks for all the information supplied. Perfect.

Hoolio, I presume that as you didn't mention anything about it, the bulbs aren't tinted or coloured, just great bulbs.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hoolio said:
FierceKay said:

Pretty certain they have got an offset pin though i'm going to have to go and have a look to be 100%.

Yep the pin on the indicator bulb is offset by about 20% from the opposite.

Reaction score
Just changed the bulbs today. What a pain it is to do it. Passenger side is just about accessable but the drivers side is a real bitch. For the dipped bulb, on the passenger side I had to unclip the metal clipped to the plastic to remove the bulb, the bulb just wouldn't come out!

Drivers side I was able to get a flat head in position and lever out the bulb without unclipping the surround, but there is no room to work down there at all. As for getting the bulbs in cleanly, not scraping them against the surrounds or metal - totally impossible. Had to put them in holding the glass with a bit of cloth too. Personally I'd rather never touch the glass at all.

Done now anyway but took an age and scuffed knuckles and back of hands resulted. All I need now is a dark journey to test them out. Packing 180w at the front rather than 110w should make a good difference.

I was surprised to see the full beam only had a 10amp fuse on a 55w bulb, when the dipped beam was a 15amp. I guess dipped is on all the time, and full half the time, so a lower rating is acceptable. Popped in a couple of 20amps on the full beam 100w and kept the 15amps on the 80w dipped.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
LOL. It cost me in blood also when I changed mine. :lol:

I drive alot of back-roads and they make a big difference.

Even on dip beam you will get people flashing you, I happens to me all the time. There in for a shock when you flash them back though. :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
there's definitely a technique to changing them - i remember doing mine and it took me around 2 weeks lol... then i did a mates and i have it done it 10 mins.

think as it's been a fair while since i did tham i'll be back to needing elastoplasts :(