Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd come on and say Hi while I'm looking at 182's and Trophys as my next car.

I'm a regular on the RenaultSport forum so i'm sure some of you will know me from there.

Andy

Reaction score
I was in a 197, then a 225.. currently in a Koleos and longing to get myself back into a RS.

Budget restraints mean that the newer ones are out of the equation, its gotta be a Mk2 Clio - but who says that's a bad thing anyway. :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Welcome, there's a couple out there at the mo, being into RS's I presume you'll know the difference between a real Trophy and the ones advertised on autotrader etc as 'trophys'

Reaction score
I'd like to think i can tell the difference :wink: ... one of the things I was wondering though is whether or not people can clarify exactly what I would be sacrificing in the way of creature comforts by taking a 182 Trophy over a 182 with Cup packs (for example). I am fully aware that I'd be gaining entry into a whole new world of handling by way of compensation though. :)

So far I'm thinking by opting for a Trophy i lose...
Climate control
More powerful standard car audio
Xenons
Leather/Alcantara back seat
That ol' wiper stalk

Anything else ?

Reaction score
andrewhutch1 said:
So far I'm thinking by opting for a Trophy i lose...
Climate control
More powerful standard car audio
Xenons
Leather/Alcantara back seat
That ol' wiper stalk

Anything else ?

Do you really see any of those as a loss?

Climate Control - I find in the Trophy when I'm too hot I switch the aircon on and when I'm cold I switch it off.
Car Audio - maybe if it's that important to you, but the Trophy one is more than adequate imho.
Xenons remain a huge mystery to me - hugely expensive and a pain when you travel abroad, apart from requiring jet washers by law (more expense, more weight and more to go wrong) and with very little, if any advantage over normal lights.
Leather/Alcantara back seat - if you really need to carry more than one person go back to the Megane
Wiper Stalk - I agree, but it's cheap and only 15/20 mins work to replace.

Anything else? Of course, you jest, methinks?

Happy hunting.

Reaction score
Also the map light and rear head rests if not fitted with Recaros.

The plastic parts to the dash and doors are also covered in a nicer finish.

And the silver finish hand brake button.

Reaction score
reboot said:
Do you really see any of those as a loss?

Climate Control - I find in the Trophy when I'm too hot I switch the aircon on and when I'm cold I switch it off.
Car Audio - maybe if it's that important to you, but the Trophy one is more than adequate imho.
Xenons remain a huge mystery to me - hugely expensive and a pain when you travel abroad, apart from requiring jet washers by law (more expense, more weight and more to go wrong) and with very little, if any advantage over normal lights.
Leather/Alcantara back seat - if you really need to carry more than one person go back to the Megane
Wiper Stalk - I agree, but it's cheap and only 15/20 mins work to replace.

Anything else? Of course, you jest, methinks?

Happy hunting.

By lose, i'm not really distraught at the absence, just checking whether or not its a no brainer cos I've always wanted a Trophy.
I've just heard playful remarks about the "poverty spec" interior and thought to myself "its not that bad...unless i'm missing something", hence my post.

There's nothing there that I can't live without:
Want to listen to music, buy a hi-fi.
What you lose on the rear seats - you gain ten times over in the ones you actually sit in... those Recaros.
I've got Xenons now, didn't have them before - I dont think there's enough of a difference to make it worth seeking them out.
Climate vs AC - I think i'll just use the AC when I need it, probably helps improve fuel economy if I control it myself.

As you can tell - i'm basically sold on the Trophy, just hope I can find a nice one round the New Year when I'll be making the change.

Reaction score
Apart from the superb front shocks is the rest of the suspension and brakes the same as a normal 182 cup.
(eg: are anti-roll bars the same, brakes)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Stevie said:
Also the map light and rear head rests if not fitted with Recaros.

The plastic parts to the dash and doors are also covered in a nicer finish.

And the silver finish hand brake button.

mine has a map light :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That's an interesting question, the track is slightly wider on the T, is this all down to the hub or are the wishbones etc slightly longer?

Reaction score
manxseven said:
Apart from the superb front shocks is the rest of the suspension and brakes the same as a normal 182 cup.
(eg: are anti-roll bars the same, brakes)

Different springs too, hence the change in ride height.