Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
One of the more amusing threads i've read this morning

On a serious note street rasing isn't cool, if you ever experienced/witnessed serious crashes in the past, you'd learn that there's no place for driving like a complete lunitic on the public roads - especially in built up urban areas. People die.

If you want to continues street racing do, but do not expect it to be advocated on this forum.

PS Apologies if another member of the forum swore at you - at the end of the day we all have our own opinion

PPS Have a good christmas everyone

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
At what point did you think redlining it along a straight is driving a Trophy to the limit! :lol:

Must be those nice smooth roundabouts at either end, they're quite technical :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
kam2turbo said:
u f off u crack head. dont u realize u gna burn in hell.. dont tell me to f off. u might as well enjoy ur trophy n ur life. cuz u will for sure be in fire. so dont come out swearin for no reason. did i swear at u. u think this is you tube or some thing. we can have a laugh but no need to swear.

Are you the exorcist?

Reaction score
Although I still like to drive enthusiastically, I am aware of my limits and do not race people like I used to when I was younger (everyone was young once!!). The danger was brought home to me quite dramatically some years ago when I seriously ran out of talent and this happened.....luckily only my pride was hurt! (Thats not me in the picture by the way but the owner of the farm I landed in!)

Attachments

• car4.jpg
    car4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 239
Reaction score
As a few members on here have mentioned Street racing on roads that are been used by the general public is not big or clever, it’s illegal and very dangerous [-X

I think you will find that most of the members on here value their driving licence as well as have respect for other road users.

There are plenty of other safe, legal and fun ways to test a car and your own abilities without putting other people in danger.

Reaction score
Very nicely put Salem.

The above pictures only go to echo the thoughts of many of us. Thanks for sharing with us Jonc - it's good that you came away from it with only dented pride.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The point I was trying to make but failed i think is that the limits of the trophy exceed most drivers, this is not a golf, fiesta - in the right hands it'll embarrass porkies and even M-cars.

Therefore it's a dangerous weapon when used on the british roads. Especially around built up areas, I save my racing for the track and my quick driving for deserted b-roads (where the car comes alive).

Reaction score
thanks sagman its true wat u sayin. and the rest of u. the way i said it its like every one thinks im one of them little boy racer that jus red lines every gear and drive crazy every day. not me. i do my things as u would expect but i dont go crazy. only reason why i talk about hams hall is cuz i go there. the only place i can go to watch some action, and its a nice venue. i know alot of people dont go there. or to boy racing tracks. but thats wat i like. i would love to take it on a proper track like silverstone. or go on a cruise or meet. like i was sayin u dont have to be at tracks for any thing to happen. any thing can happen any day any time.

Reaction score
i agree with that but thats what im trying to say. i live in built up areas in town so thats the only place for me. still i be careful. thats why i go to tracks on weekends. at least no children there. i do care about people u know and also my licence. got 6 points. sp30 for speeding doing 70 in a 30 zone. and a in10 no insurance on my 400cc bike. so i do be careful another 6 points and im band. i done my things time ago. time to chill out :D . alot of people live in country side. and they know the b roads inside out. i say we all should go on a cruise one day will be wicked strictly trophys

Reaction score
So do you street race or don't you? One post you say you can't afford it, next your saying you take it on track.

Stop digging :lol:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
There is a difference between takin the trophy to the limit on the public roads and the racetrack ! If you go past the limit on a Racetrack, chances are your not going to hurt anyone. Go past it on a public road and chances are you will hurt someone and cause some damage. Some people on here will know this all to well !

As for your previous comment about half the people on here will not have taken there Trophy's to the limit and dont know how to handle them ! Who is that aimed at ? and why do you think taking our Trophy's to this 'Hams hall boy racers' thing will make us better drivers ? Im planning on taking my trophy on track to become a better driver and take it to the limits there.
This is a forum for Enthusiasts, NOT boy racers ! Do yourself a favour......

Reaction score
wen did i say i cant afford it. and i do street race now and then. cuz i live in built up areas so this is the only place. jus cuz i said about hams hall dont exactly mean im a boy racer. u lot think diffrently trus me.

Reaction score
kam2turbo said:
the way i said it its like every one thinks im one of them little boy racer that jus red lines every gear and drive crazy every day. not me. i do my things as u would expect but i dont go crazy. /quote]

=D>

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
kam2turbo said:
wen did i say i cant afford it. and i do street race now and then. cuz i live in built up areas so this is the only place. jus cuz i said about hams hall dont exactly mean im a boy racer. u lot think diffrently trus me.
donnington's on your doorstep. vg track to show off the trophy's talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.