Reaction score
Just seen your clio on cliosport.net and was quite impressed with the engine spec. What performance figures are you getting with 225bhp i.e 0-60 and top speed and do you think increasing capacity to 2500cc would be feasible and worthwhile? I ask coz I might be buying my mate's modified 182 which he estimated the output will be about 225bhp@flywheel when he gets the new cams in.

Cheers!

Mark

Reaction score
it should be pushing slightly more now its been rebuilt

you're mates car will struggle to be over 210bhp without extensive work (extensive normally = £thousands)

the spec is

high compression pistons
YS schrick cams
YS head
ligtened and balanced internals
Jenvey individual TB's
OMEX ecu
182 ex manifold
arp fasteners
mocal oil cooler
pro alloy low rad
alcon paddle clutch

etc etc

not cheap by any means!!!

it made 225bhp at the crank on the engine dyno (not rolling road)

but its just been rebuilt with a few changes and built to a better tollerance, so hopefully will be into the 230's

i had the car upto 148 on a test track (with 1000rpm to go IIRC) and the car was timed at 5.6sec to 60mph, not bad considering the suspension isn't setup for 0-60 (plus the paddle clutch is a bugger to launch on!)

Reaction score
mark plummer said:
Just seen your clio on cliosport.net and was quite impressed with the engine spec. What performance figures are you getting with 225bhp i.e 0-60 and top speed and do you think increasing capacity to 2500cc would be feasible and worthwhile? I ask coz I might be buying my mate's modified 182 which he estimated the output will be about 225bhp@flywheel when he gets the new cams in.

Cheers!

Mark

Hi Mark,

as per fred's spec above. Glad you like. We are confident in the dyno figure obviously, but the rolling road figure came out at 232 - a 2% difference based on the losses that were calculated by the RR technicians.

yozzasport_p_img_med_148.jpg

http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/upload/yozz ... igures.xls

^ spreadsheet ^

If you are buying a car that you are told has that kind of power, i would get a spec sheet from him, as you could find that it could be very different. To get over 200 BHP you need a hell of a lot of work to these engines. I would take the figures with a pinch of salt and go down to the basics of what has been done to the car and by whom.

Reference other mods - yes, we are looking for a reliable 10 more BHP and are having custom cams made by Schrick at the moment - we are just waiting for the next RS Cams to be manufactured.

/y0z

Reaction score
As I said,

be careful of a car with that kind of quoted power, if you want find out what has been done to it an post it on here I will have a quick look at it.

/y0z

Reaction score
Thanks. I think I'll end up getting a Trophy to be honest coz it'll be newer and have less mileage and then I can tune the engine to my own preferences.