Reaction score
Just driving back from work when slowing down for traffic lights, droped in to 2nd and as i accelerated the car seems to spluter/miss fire and lack of power only in second and below 2500rpm. no lights on the instrument panel to indicate what it could be. anybody have any ideas please. thanks

Reaction score
ste1985 said:
Just driving back from work when slowing down for traffic lights, droped in to 2nd and as i accelerated the car seems to spluter/miss fire and lack of power only in second and below 2500rpm. no lights on the instrument panel to indicate what it could be. anybody have any ideas please. thanks

How warm was the engine mate?

Did it pick up fine afterwards?

Reaction score
been driving about 20mins so up to temp. no still had the problem when got home. never happend b4

Reaction score
Not totally sure then mate,

Fingers crossed it was a random thing, I know that something similar happend with my mums golf and i turned it off and then on again and it was fine.

My mates 172 does splutter and struggle when cold on very slight throttle at a just below 2k revs.

Take it out for a blast later on mate see if it's still doing it. If so i would guess at a fueling problem

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
could be the induction system playing up - the throttle body can collect carbon particles over time which cause mystifying things like triggering the limp home modes etc. It take 5 mins to take it off and clean it - it may cure the problem if it happens again.

Or it could be wiring related - all sorts of problems can lead to this type of thing.