Reaction score
I have a 2001 XSARA VTS and am looking to part ex it at a garage for a trophy looking to spend around 8k plus the xsara, i've looked about but all the ones in garages are over my budget.

Does anyone know of any?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think you will just have to be patient on this, there seem to be some garages letting them go for silly prices because they don't know what they are/don't fit their profile. I'd probably sell xsara privately as it will give you a little more options.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome Leeroy :)

Where are you based? There is a very cheap, low mileage example in a Lexus garage in Edinburgh at the moment - not sure what they'd say about the Xsara as a trade in but might be worth a call.

http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

I wouldnt think twice about travelling even if you are far away - especially if its the right car at the right price.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
hoolio said:
I think you will just have to be patient on this, there seem to be some garages letting them go for silly prices because they don't know what they are/don't fit their profile. I'd probably sell xsara privately as it will give you a little more options.

Very true, even the stealers themselves are selling Trophys relatively cheap.

I'm sure allvehicles could sort the guy out though :wink:

Reaction score
Welcome.

A good starting point might be: What is your budget?

There is no point in wasting bandwidth posting a longer reply if it is anything under £9k.

O.

Reaction score
best bet is to sell the Xsara privately and then go from there...

i'm guessing you are the same person who PM'd me on Cliosport?

Sadly not interested in a p/ex... but if you get £3k for the Xsara we can talk money.

whereabouts are you based?

Reaction score
Without alot of info on the Xsara i'd say £2200 trade - might be more or less depending on the mileage, condition etc.

Reaction score
Based in Newcastle so more then likely i will be travlling to get one

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd sell it privately then travel up to that lexus in scotland... don't think you'll find a cheaper one.

you'll need to get £2500 for yours to have a realistic chance of finding a Trophy though.

Reaction score
Do you have a link for the trophy for sale iat the lexus garage?