help with leak

Reaction score
My trophy has developed a strange leak.
When it rains i end up with water under the back seats (even when parked).
As far as i can tell the water comes out of the passenger side rear seat belt bolt.
After doing some careful hosing i don't think the water is coming through the back windows, which leaves me thinking it has something to do with the roof rack rail/gutter.
Does anyone know how this car is put together, i don't know what is under the strip above the door frame but i can't think why it would have any holes into the car.

Any other tips on finding a leak would be greatly appreciated, not that keen to try and remove all the paneling on the inside of the car.

Cheers

Reaction score
Do you only get the water ingress when driving the car in rain or also when the car is parked and it rains?
The rear seat anchor bolt and possibly seat belt anchor bolts could allow water to get in from underneath as it splashes up when you are driving?

Reaction score
The car definitely leaks while parked, so not coming in from underneath.
I still think it is something to do with the roof track track or what ever it is. The back of that plastic insert along the roof has slightly perished rubber along it but l don't know how to remove it.
I will try to check the aerial, could be a problem.

Reaction score
I think the trim you are on about is just a cover held on by plastic clips with no holes under from memory,
however tailgate hinges and Ariel are both candidates also the wiring grommets around the boot shut could cause water ingress onto the head lining?

The only sure way to locate a leak is to strip interior panels out and use a hose while some one inside watches.

Reaction score
The car definitely leaks while parked, so not coming in from underneath.
I still think it is something to do with the roof track track or what ever it is. The back of that plastic insert along the roof has slightly perished rubber along it but l don't know how to remove it.
I will try to check the aerial, could be a problem.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Reaction score
I put silicon sealant around the boot hinges, pretty sure this has made it leak less.
Next step I guess is to try and get at the boot hinge nuts, remove and then properly re-seal these hinges.
Hopefully this will work, if I can figure out how to remove the headlining.

Reaction score
All sorted.
After all that I found a rubber grommet under the rear lights that had perished. Any water on the back of the car was running straight through onto the boot floor and then forward until it pooled under the rear seats. I found it when I removed all the boot carpets to dry them out. I couldn't believe that the whole rear light assembly pops out after you undo one plastic wing nut with your fingers.
Anyway it has been raining all day today and the car is dry, so hopefully that is the end of the problem.