Reaction score
I've just been out and had a test drive in my first Trophy today. Unfortunately, I didn't note what number it is. Quick questions. 1-we have 3 auto cars at the moment and haven't driven a manual for a while. The clutch engaged/disengaged cleanly but did seem a bit heavy. 2-the steering wheel had a bit of crumbling at the thumb holds (is this common) 3-it has a little carbon rim at the bottom of the front spoiler. I have noticed a couple for sale that don't have this. Should it have it or not?
All in all, it seemed a very good drive and was nice and quick. The gears were sweet. It has a good service history, has had the cambelt done and will be bought through a Honda dealer as an approved car. 60000 miles. Any thoughts from anyone?
Cheers

Reaction score
Evening,

Clutch action is heavier than a normal car.
Steering wheels always melt but there are people out there who will do a very good quality re-trim.
Carbon splitter is not factory fit but an upgrade that some people have chosen to add as a replacement.

Hope this all helps, good luck with the search/purchase. Any other questions just post them up.

Wigstar1

Reaction score
They come with a plastic splitter but Renault charge a lot of money to replace them so people usually get a carbon replacement instead.

Reaction score
The clutch is pretty heavy in a Trophy but you soon get used to it. Mine also has a carbon splitter and I think it looks a lot better than standard. :)

Reaction score
Thats a great help thanks. I've owned some nice cars in the past but never a "hot hatch". It seemed like great fun. Time to take the plunge then!

Reaction score
What other cars have you owned then? Loads of helpful advice and posts on here to help you make sure you get a good Trophy.

Keep us posted and if you get the number there may even be some previous history in the registered numbers section, if not add it in. Maybe as an owner? :wink:

Reaction score
Other cars: Lotus Elise 135R, Merc E55 AMG, BMW 135i Conv, Impreza Turbo, Boxster S. Currently have a new style E 250d Estate for the family wagon, a 330d MSport Conv for my wife and a V8 Disco series 2 for the dogs. I've got a bit of a car problem! Of the many cars that I've had though over the years, one that I look back most fondly on was an N 'reg Nissan Primera eGt!? The Trophy felt very "chuckable" and it was so nice to be in something that doesn't weigh near to, or more than, 2 tonnes.

Reaction score
Hi, if you want a car that you can chuck round any corner at practically any speed then you won't go wrong with a trophy, it just puts a smile on your face everytime your behind the wheel !

Reaction score
Rufus; like you I never did the hot hatch thing (a question of age!) - boy was I missing out... I've had some interesting stuff and still have a healthy and interesting garage; last year I found a T, never looked back :)

I use it a bit on the road but more for trackdays (to save my poor 997 and my wallet!) it is special - get one....... Soon!!

Reaction score
My Dad had a '99 Impreza Turbo from new for 3 years and 48k. Phenomenal car and I wish he still had it so I could have had a chance to drive it. How did yours compare to a Trophy? Which is more fun?

Reaction score
check what branded tyres are on the car, if its the michelins then theres a good chance it was from a enthusiast owner, if its budgets then you know what that means