Reaction score
for one reason or another, i wont bore you with the details I've had to buy 4 brand new PE2's to be fitted this friday. i have Trax sunday and have bought track time.
can i run brand new rubber round a track or will i just shred them?

Reaction score
so not worth it then yer?
i cant leave them on, like i said long story not worth boring people.

Reaction score
ok so it looks like i get about 15min worth of track time.
so will do like 4 laps or time which ever comes first, gonna take it easy and just enjoy the drive. should that i dont rinse em.
unless this is a terrible idea, in which case say so now!! im thinking it will be fine.
those of you going to Trax on the sunday, see you there
thanks guys
Ross
(TR04 OHY ill be the one driving around like a granny, if you see me you know why. ha ha cheers guys)

Reaction score
I know it isnt much of a comparison, but I found when i did the GP circuit last month on the bike i went through a set of tyres in the day. Its a fast circuit with some fast corners. If you are going hammer down, you will definately show signs of wear.

I guess it depends on the format of the session, do you get sighting laps and then a session, or is it straight out? If you want to preserve your tyres, it might be worth thinking about tyre pressures and temperature too.

You will enjoy the track tho.

Reaction score
If your only on track for 15 minutes and that's it, then don't worry about it, just make sure the pressure is good, you'll be fine.

Chris

Reaction score
I'd agree with chris unless you power under steer all the way round you will be fine.I have done 2 track days and a few sprints and my tyres are fine.
Have fun and build upto a speed you are happy with don't let faster drivers worry you just let them pass

Reaction score
Your tyres won't notice any difference with just 4 laps....and in 4 laps you can't possibly be driving the car hard even if you think you are so it won' be a problem at all. Just go on with normal tyre pressures too and enjoy it and take it easy.

Reaction score
thanks guys lots of help. filled me with confidence and excitement for sunday!!
fronts 32psi
and rears 34psi ?? is that right?
oh and should i get the 2 degrees of negative camber done on the front while im at it??

Reaction score
alright alright just coz i havent got my track wings yet :) !! geeezs
i was just asking, we all started somewhere you know. hee hee

Reaction score
I post up when i'm doing mine & anyone is free to be a passenger.
Donington GP was my first & i did it again Friday just gone, will post up some vid when i shorten tracks :D
It's a very additctive bug but well worth it for the rush. :twisted:

Reaction score
Trophy264 said:
alright alright just coz i havent got my track wings yet :) !! geeezs
i was just asking, we all started somewhere you know. hee hee
We all start somewhere so don't worry about it and enjoy it however short,your problem if you like it is getting the bug out of your system :)
2 degrees negative is the way to go but I wouldn't rush to get it done just sort it for next time